Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Theft, resisting an officer
Kari A. Cannon, 22, of Brookfield, was charged with theft, resisting arrest, criminal damage to property and possession of stolen property after stealing several items from a vehicle in the 3700 block of Harrison Avenue at 6:18 p.m. Oct. 26. With her was Trevor L. Gilmore, 22, of Brookfield, who was charged with possession of stolen property and attempted criminal trespass to a vehicle.
trespass to vehicle
Brandon M. Kamykowski, 18, of Lyons, was charged with four counts of attempted criminal trespass to a vehicle after allegedly attempting to break into a vehicle in the 4100 block of Sunnyside Avenue at 4:07 a.m. Oct. 27.|
• Michael E. Kowalczyk, 35, of Lyons, was charged with criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct after allegedly striking a vehicle with his bicycle at Monroe and Cleveland avenues at 6:38 p.m. Oct. 25.
• A piece of concrete was used to create a hole in a window at a gas station in the 9100 block of Ogden Avenue at 6:18 a.m. Oct. 27.
Graffiti was found on the generator at a business in the 9000 block of Ogden Avenue at 1:02 a.m. Oct. 25.
David M. Dapper, 28, of Brookfield, was charged with battery and criminal trespass after allegedly kicking and spitting on an employee of a bar in the 8800 block of Burlington Avenue at 12:58 a.m. Oct. 27. Dapper was also wanted on a warrant out of Cook County.
• Edward Goins, 51, of the 500 block of Landau Road, University Park, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after being pulled over for weaving between lanes at Harlem Avenue and Lawton Road at 1:53 a.m. Oct. 21. He was also charged with possession of marijuana.
• Dolores M. Gavia, 27, of the 1900 block of South 49th Avenue, Cicero, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after being pulled over for speeding at Ogden and Amelia avenues at 1:15 a.m. Oct. 26. Her blood-alcohol concentration was 0.230.
• Elizabeth A. O’Brien, 40, of the 300 block of Herrick Road, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after police observed her vehicle strike a parked vehicle near Herrick and Cowley roads at 10:59 p.m. Oct. 26. Her blood-alcohol concentration was 0.250.
Javier Marchan, 25, of the 3000 block of North Parkside Avenue, Chicago, was charged with aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol after being pulled over for speeding and weaving between lanes at Harlem Avenue and Longcommon Road at 4:37 a.m. Oct. 27. His blood-alcohol concentration was 0.225. Marchan was driving without a license.
• A pumpkin on the driveway of a residence in the 100 block of Lawton Road was smashed by an unknown person, as reported at 11:27 p.m. Oct. 24.
• Three pumpkins were smashed outside a residence in the first block of Cowley Road, as reported at 7:31 a.m. Oct. 25.
• A resident of the 4500 block of South Lawndale Avenue reported that her son’s backpack and cellphone were stolen about 3:30 p.m. Oct. 28 and that the school had surveillance of the theft. Police spoke with officials at George Washington Middle School who told police they had identified two juvenile students in the security tape. Police were able to recover the missing phone from one of the students, but the backpack was not recovered. Police reported the school would be reprimanding the students involved and the matter was closed.
• A Berwyn resident reported to police that her phone, money and credit cards had been stolen from a room she was renting at the Rodeway Inn, 8640 W. Ogden Ave., between 1:30 a.m. and 5 a.m.