Police reports: Berwyn and Cicero for Nov. 6
Burglary, theft reports
• A resident reported finding the lock mechanisms to the rear door of his apartment removed from the door and lying on the floor when he returned to his home in the 7000 block of West 13th Street at 5:51 a.m. Oct. 30. Entry was never gained to the apartment.
• A black 1996 Honda four-door car was reported stolen from a garage in the 2400 block of South Harvey Avenue Oct. 29. It was later determined the vehicle was not stolen but being used by the owner’s son-in-law.
• Electronic gaming equipment, a cellphone and $900 in cash was reported stolen from a residence in the 7100 block of West Windsor Avenue on Oct. 29. There were no signs of forced entry.
• A Macbook Pro laptop was reported stolen from a residence in the 1900 block of South Highland Avenue on Oct. 29. The owner believed the laptop was stolen during a party at his home.
• A zombie Halloween decoration valued at $150 was reported stolen from a yard in the 1400 block of South Euclid Avenue on Oct. 26.
• A TV was found placed near a basement door in what was believed to be an attempt to steal it from a residence in the 6800 block of West 29th Street on Oct. 24.
Graffiti was reported in the 3100 block of South Ridgeland Avenue and in the 6400 block of West 28th Place on Oct. 30; in the 6700 block of West Cermak Road on Oct. 29; in the 2100 block of South Wenonah Ave. on Oct. 27; and in the 2200 block of South Highland Avenue on Oct. 25.
Eric A. Rios, 22, of the 1800 block of South Gunderson Avenue, was charged with two counts of aggravated driving under the influence, improper lane usage, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, no valid driver’s license, two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and having no insurance, following an accident involving eight vehicles in the 2600 block of Oak Park Avenue at 1:35 a.m. Oct. 26.
Burglary, theft reports
• Air conditioning servicing tools and equipment were reported stolen from a garage in the 2300 block of South 50th Avenue on Nov. 1. A service door was found forced open.
• Copper tubing and plumbing tools were reported stolen from a garage in the 4700 block of West 19th Street on Nov. 1. Entry was gained through a service door.
• The ignition switch was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 3700 block of South 57th Court on Nov. 1.
Entry was gained through a broken passenger window.
• A blue 2001 Honda Civic was reported stolen in the 3100 block of South Cicero Avenue on Nov. 2.
The vehicle had been left unoccupied at a gas station with the keys in the ignition.
iPhone sale goes bad
Police are urging Cicero residents to beware of deals that seem to be too good to be true.
An iPhone deal went sour for a man who responded to an offer on Facebook at 11:30 p.m. Nov. 2 advertising the sale of an iPhone in the 1200 block of South 59th Avenue.
The victim produced the money to buy the phone, and the seller grabbed the cash from his hand and fled on foot.