Overcast
72°FOvercastFull Forecast

Accidental fire reported in basement apartment

Published: Monday, Oct. 28, 2013 4:33 p.m. CDT

BERWYN – Berwyn fire officials believe a small heating appliance caused thick smoke that filled the basement apartment of a three-story residence in the 1900 block of South Grove Avenue at 4:45 p.m. Oct. 20.

A tenant on the third floor noticed thick smoke billowing out of the apartment and called fire and police officials. The second-floor apartment was vacant at the time.

No one was home in the basement apartment at the time of the accident. Officials said the smoke damage was minimal, but a window was broken to let smoke escape.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Suburban Life Media.

More News

Watch Now

Player embeded on all SLM instances for analytics purposes.

Kartwheels4Kids fundraiser

More videos »
 

Reader Poll

How do you keep active and exercise?
Sports
Gym membership
I don't
Outdoor activities