Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Target shooting with BB gun gone wrong
A resident in the 2500 block of South Scoville Avenue reported to police he found several hundred holes in the vinyl siding and the gutters of his garage Oct. 18.
During the investigation, a 19-year-old man from across the alley revealed he and some friends were shooting in his yard with a BB gun when they realized the BBs traveled beyond their intended target and hit the garage.
The neighbor said he would pay for all the damages.
Burglary, theft reports
• A vehicle registration and insurance card were reported stolen Oct. 23 from a vehicle parked in the 2700 block of South Highland Avenue. There were no signs of forced entry.
• A white 2013 Chrysler 200 was reported stolen from the 1300 block of South Wenonah Avenue at 1:50 p.m. Oct. 20. The vehicle was later discovered in Chicago.
• A snow blower valued at $250 was reported stolen from a garage in the 3600 block of South Gunderson Avenue on Oct. 19. Entry was gained through an unlocked service door.
• Five bicycles, seven amplifiers and two in-dash DVD players with a total value of $2,150 were reported stolen Oct. 18 from a garage in the 6700 block of West 16th Street. Entry was gained through a forced service door.
• Jewelry valued at $2,000 was reported stolen from a home in the 3300 block of South Clinton Avenue on Oct. 18. Police are questioning people of interest.
• Jorge Flores Glavez, 19, of the 6500 block of West 38th Street, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol after he was found sleeping behind the wheel of his vehicle parked in front of his home. Glavez also was charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor and transportation of open alcohol.
• Juan Hernandez, 45, of the 3500 block of South 57th Court, Cicero, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol following a traffic stop for not having working tail lights in the 6900 block of Ogden Avenue at 9:49 p.m. Oct. 19. He was also charged with possession of a controlled substance and traffic violations.