Montini Catholic High School's sophomore class lends a hand to the western suburbs
|Montini Catholic sophomore Paulina Castro (Elgin) reads to children at Easter Seals in Villa Park.|
LOMBARD – On Thursday, the entire Montini Catholic sophomore class reached out to various service sites in the western suburbs. More than 160 Montini Catholic sophomore students, along with teachers and parent volunteers, traveled to various volunteer-based organizations.
Throughout the day, the sophomore students participated in service projects such as packing food for starving children in poor countries, packing lunches for homeless people, yard work and assisting the elderly.
The sophomore class returned from their Service Day for a prayer service on Montini Catholic’s campus.
This is the eighth year that the Sophomore Day of Service and Recollection has been service-oriented.
More Lombard News
- Crazy Pour hopes to cater to all
- District 2 Community Relations Coordinator earns APR
- Lombard Culver's to participate in tornado relief efforts
- TBC Center in Oakbrook Terrace to hold 4th annual Toy Drive
- New career path pays off for owner of Tom's Grill in Lombard