Downers Grove Police recommend daylight hours for trick-or-treating
DOWNERS GROVE – There are no official trick-or-treating hours in Downers Grove on Halloween, but police recommend for the annual tradition to take place during daylight hours.
The village’s regular curfew is in effect, and anyone younger than 17 is prohibited from being on the street after 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and midnight Friday and Saturday.
Police offered several tips to ensure a safe and fun holiday:
• Children should trick or treat with parents or in groups – never alone.
• Wear light colored or reflective clothing. Masks should not obstruct vision.
• Stay on sidewalks.
• Cross streets carefully and always at corners.
• Only accept treats that are wrapped and securely sealed.
• Parents should check treats before they are eaten.
• Vandalism is a crime. Police reminded revelers that Halloween is not an excuse to damage or destroy property.