Police reports for Elmhurst
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• Pedro Salinas, 28, of the 200 block of North Richmond Avenue, Clarendon Hills, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, not having a driver's license and improper lane usage at 1:18 a.m. Oct. 14 at Route 83 and North Avenue.
• Danielle Wolke, 27, of the 5200 block of Lemon Road, Hanover Park, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage and speeding at 12:36 a.m. Oct. 16 at Route 83 and North Avenue.
• Pawel Soja, 41, of the 9300 block of Landings Lane, Des Plaines, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol at 10:47 a.m. Oct. 18 at South Street and Kenilworth Avenue.
• Connor McDermott, 18, of the 600 block of West Crockett Avenue, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal consumption of alcohol, improper lane usage, illegal transportation of alcohol and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident at midnight Oct. 19 at Old Grand and Grand avenues. Passengers Jose Alberto Andrade, 19, of the 200 block of West Sonny Lane, Bensenville, and Amber McGinn, 19, of the 15W100 block of Concord Street, Elmhurst, were charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Rigoberto Arauz, 48, of the 17W100 block of Foster Avenue, Wood Dale, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, resisting an officer, improper lane usage and speeding at 1:20 a.m. Oct. 19 at North and West avenues.
• Cassondra Zimbelman, 23, of the 1125 block of East Railroad Street, Sandwich, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol at 4:42 a.m. Oct. 20 at North Avenue and Route 83.
• Linda S. Britton, 58, of the 5900 block of Electric Avenue, Berkeley, was charged with battery at 3:55 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 100 block of North Robert T. Palmer Drive.
• William Holmes, 48, of the 500 block of West Grand Avenue, was charged with domestic battery at 10:30 a.m. Oct. 15 in his home.
• Christopher P. Keating, 23, of the 100 block of Dunteman Drive, Glendale Heights, was charged with aggravated battery at 4:30 p.m. Oct. 17 in the 100 block of East Brush Hill Road.
Impersonating a federal agent reported
Someone pulled a man over and identified himself as a federal agent, but left the scene while the man he pulled over tried to write down his license number at 2:52 p.m. Oct. 15 at Poplar Avenue and May Street.
Possession of Klonopin charged
Joseph Cascella, 18, of the 600 block of Crockett Avenue, was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia at 9:29 p.m. Oct. 15 in the 900 block of North York Road for having nine Klonopin pills and a marijuana grinder.
Possession of cocaine charged
Luis Barajas, 32, of the 1100 block of West Hillside Drive, Bensenville, was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana, failure to signal and resisting a police officer at 8:02 p.m. Oct. 18 at York Street and Grand Avenue. Police found three grams of cocaine and three ecstasy pills in his car after Barajas dropped marijuana while running away after a traffic stop.
Possession of marijuana
Two minors were charged with possession of tobacco and possession of marijuana at 8:16 p.m. Oct. 17 at York Road and Grand Avenue. One of them was also charged with failure to yield and no headlights.
Possession of drug paraphernalia charged
Romero Dixon, 24, of the 400 block of 52nd Avenue, Bellwood, was charged with expired registration and possession of drug paraphernalia at 4:03 p.m. Oct. 16 at Butterfield Road and Bryan Street.
• Dana Crigler, 20, of the 18W100 block of Standish Lane, Villa Park, was charged with retail theft at 10:13 a.m. Oct. 14 in the 600 block of North York Street for stealing a $40 Cubs jacket.
• Victoria S. Henderson, 18, of the 500 block of North Harvard Avenue, Villa Park, was charged with retail theft at 2:12 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 300 block of South Route 83 after stealing a necklace and pair of earrings.
• Christine J. Marmolejo, 46, of the 200 block of North Richmond Avenue, Clarendon Hills, was charged with retail theft at 10:56 a.m. Oct. 15 in the 200 block of South Route 83 for stealing cosmetics.
• Derek Jason Hill, 46, of the 4000 block of Brady Street, Yorkville, was charged with retail theft at 7:28 p.m. Oct. 15 in the 100 of the East Schiller Street for stealing $269.80 worth of alcohol.
• Danielle M. Allen, 28, of the 1700 block of Foxridge Drive, Plainfield, was charged with retail theft at 4:47 p.m. Oct. 19 in the 200 block of South Route 83 after stealing underwear and a bra.
Thefts, burglaries reported
• Valid registration plate stickers were reported stolen from three cars between noon July 18 and noon Oct. 12 in the 600 block of Sunnyside Avenue.
• Tools worth $2,365 were reported stolen from a parked car between 8:30 p.m. Oct. 15 and 5:50 a.m. Oct. 16 in the 500 block of West Grand Avenue.
• A black leather briefcase containing a laptop, medicine, checkbooks, keys, credit cards, notebooks and a calendar, about $1,000 worth of items, was reported stolen between 11:45 a.m. and 2:09 p.m. Oct. 16 in the 200 block of North York Road.
• Someone stole two Dyson vacuum cleaners, valued at $1,399.98 at 9:04 p.m. Oct. 16 in the 300 block of Route 83.
• Copper cable and a breaker panel, valued at $300, were reported stolen at noon Oct. 15 in the 700 block of North Larch Avenue.
• Ten tires, worth $7,500, were stolen from a semi-tractor trailer between 5 p.m. Oct. 16 and noon Oct. 17 in the 700 block of North York Street.
• Several credit cards, two insurance cards, about $100 in cash and a Samsung Galaxy cell phone were reported stolen from a purse between 10:45 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Oct. 18 in the 300 block of South Route 83.
Public urination cited
Vincent F. Sabo, 50, of the 1500 block of West Monroe Street, Chicago, was cited for public urination, open alcohol in a public place and public intoxication at 9:04 p.m. Oct. 19 in the 100 block of West First Street.
Ciprian Iaczko, 29, of the 2400 block of Mannheim Road, Franklin Park, was charged with forgery, possession of fraudulent identification and deceptive practice at 10:16 a.m. Oct. 16 in the 1000 block of South York Road after opening a fraudulent account in order to accept $24,000 of stolen cash from a fraudulent car sale on eBay.
Identity theft reported
Someone used stolen credit card information to purchase $1,084.99 worth of items from Guess.com at noon Oct. 15 in the 700 block of North Howard Avenue.
Credit card fraud reported
A credit card was used to make several unauthorized purchases after it was lost between 1 a.m. March 14 and 6:26 a.m. Oct. 8 in the 400 block of West Montrose Avenue.
Suspicious circumstances reported
A dead coyote was found wrapped in a NASCAR comforter on the trunk of a parked car at 10:22 p.m. Oct. 18 in the 100 block of South York Street. Police were unable to contact the owner of the parked car.
Underage possession of cigarettes cited
A minor was cited for possession of tobacco by a minor at 11 a.m. Oct. 18 in the 300 block of West St. Charles Road for having a pack of cigarettes and cigars.
Criminal damage, defacement of property reported
• Graffiti was reported at 7 a.m. Oct. 11 in the 100 block of West First Street.
• Someone broke the sliding glass outer pane doors causing $6,000 worth of damage at 8:10 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 200 block of East Elmhurst Avenue.