WHEATON – The Wheaton Fire Department responded at about 3:20 p.m. Oct. 17 to a fire on the front porch of a home at 516 N. Gary Ave., according to a news release from the Wheaton Fire Department.
The fire, likely caused by discarded smoking materials outside of the home, was brought under control within minutes, the release said. The home's sole occupant was safely evacuated.
No injuries were reported, according to the release.
The fire appears to have been accidental, the release said. No damage estimates were available as of Oct. 18.