Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Lombard Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Suspicious activity reported
• Someone observed a male white subject jump into a bush on the path at 4:23 a.m. Oct. 7 at North Broadway Street and Lodge Lane. The area was checked with negative results.
• A woman said she found a dead mouse on her driveway near her vehicle and a substance on the door handle of her vehicle at 9:19 a.m. Oct. 7 in the 100 block of Arboretum Road. Complainant said items in her yard had been moved and she heard a subject on her roof.
• Complainant said an intoxicated subject was jumping in front of vehicles at 9:04 p.m. Oct. 7 at Roosevelt and Finley roads. The area was checked with negative results.
• Complainant said a male subject was removing his clothing at 8:18 p.m. Oct. 8 at Grace Street and Taylor Road. Subject advised he is an umpire and was changing after the game.
Taylor Bernard, 21, 2811 Belleau Woods Drive, Joliet, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 4:32 a.m. Oct. 8 in the 1100 block of South Main Street.
• A GPS unit was taken from an unlocked vehicle at 11:25 a.m. Oct. 7 in the 300 block of South Craig Place.
• A GPS and a camera were taken from a vehicle at 6:21 p.m. Oct. 7 at Heron Point, 645 West North Ave.
• The front grill and wiper blade assembly were removed from a vehicle at 11:35 a.m. Oct. 8 in the 500 block of West Roosevelt Road. Complainant also said his I-Pass was removed from the inside of his vehicle.
• The rear passenger side window of a vehicle was smashed at 1:25 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 700 block of East Butterfield Road. A laptop and briefcase were reported taken from the vehicle.
• Several items were taken from his unlocked vehicle at 8:26 a.m. Oct. 11 in the 1100 block of South Finley Road, including three iPhones, a pair of shoes, FOID card, debit card and an Illinois identification card.
Damage to property reported
• The rear end of a vehicle was smashed at 11:44 a.m. Oct. 8 at Greek Islands, 300 East 22nd St.
• Several fire extinguishers in the building had been damaged or stolen at 7:05 a.m. Oct. 9 in the 800 block of Foxworth Boulevard.
• Someone attempted to gain entry to a vehicle by prying the driver's side door open at 10:49 a.m. Oct. 9 in the 2700 block of Highland Avenue.
• A woman said she purchased four Chicago Bears tickets from a listing on Craigslist at 11:50 a.m. Oct. 7 in the 300 block of South Lodge Lane. She paid the subject $680 for the tickets and later learned the tickets were fraudulent.
• Credit card information was used for unauthorized purchases totaling $589 at 11:58 a.m. Oct. 7 in the 00 block of Lincoln Street.
• A catalytic converter was removed from a vehicle at 2:03 p.m. Oct. 7 at Brio, 70 Yorktown Center.
• Items were taken from his unlocked vehicle at 10:54 a.m. Oct. 8 in the 600 block of East Prairie Avenue. The items included a radar detector, GPS unit and a stereo head plate.
• Several appliances and copper fixtures were taken from a residence at 12:58 p.m. Oct. 8 in the 600 block of South Grace Street.
• A bolt cutter and a car jack were taken from his storage locker at 3:22 p.m .Oct. 11 in the 800 block of Foxworth Boulevard.
• A cell phone was taken after the owner left it on a table at 1:52 p.m. Oct. 12 at 1 Yorktown Center Shopping Mall.
• A bicycle and a chain were taken from the bike rack at 7:39 p.m. Oct. 12 at 20 South Main St.
• A bicycle was taken at 11:15 p.m. Oct. 12 at 300 East Roosevelt Road.
• Anabel Zermeno, 21, 1311 Williamsport Drive, Westmont, was charged with retail theft at 11:20 a.m. Oct. 11 at 145 Yorktown Shopping Center. The items taken included a shirt, headband and a pair of leggings.
• Paula Tinman, 68, 240 Sedgewick Circle, St. Charles, was charged with retail theft at 5:17 p.m. Oct. 11 at 145 Yorktown Shopping Center. The item taken was an Eileen Fisher coat.
• Maria Desiderio-Peralta, 49; Juana Esquivel-Barrera, 26; and Yenifer Cabanas-Tadeo, 19; all of 2420 South Royal Drive, were charged with retail theft at 7:23 p.m. Oct. 12 at 175 Yorktown Shopping Center Mall.
Criminal damage reported
The window by the front door of a residence was shattered at 3:36 p.m. Oct. 7 in the 800 block of Foxworth Boulevard.
Harassing phone calls reported
A man received threatening calls at 4:11 p.m. Oct. 8 in the 600 block of Vista Avenue.
Daniel Oswald, 19, 3N469 Curling Pond, Elburn, was charged with possession of marijuana at 12:47 a.m. Oct. 11 at Roosevelt and Finley roads.