Police Reports: Berwyn and Cicero for Oct. 16
Man charged after tossing brick through window
A Berwyn man was charged with criminal damage to property after he threw a brick at a neighbor’s apartment door at 4 a.m. Oct. 6.
Julio C. Perez-Diaz, 25, of the 2200 block of Grove Avenue, came home intoxicated and was making noise outside of the apartment when a member of his home told him to come inside and go to bed. He then picked up a brick and threw it at the screen door of another apartment, breaking the window.
The tenant of the apartment called police.
with aquarium water
A woman walking in the 6900 block of West Cermak Road was drenched by a bucket of aquarium water and fish gravel at 9 p.m. Oct. 7. The water apparently was thrown from an apartment above ground level.
• Antonio Aguilar, 42, of the 1400 block of South 57th Ave., Cicero, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after he was found behind the wheel of his car sleeping in a no parking zone at 3:12 a.m. Oct. 6. Aguilar was also charged with improper parking on a roadway and driving without insurance.
• Donte F. Summers, 25, of the 5400 block of West Adams Street, Chicago, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs (marijuana) following a traffic stop for not having a front license plate at Oak Park and Ogden avenues at 11:40 p.m. Oct. 9. Summers was also charged with not having insurance, no valid driver’s license and driving without a front license plate.
• A television/DVD radio head unit valued at $1,000 was reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 3500 block of South Euclid Avenue on Oct. 6. Entry was gained through a shattered passenger door window.
• A welder, two nail guns and a power saw were reported stolen from a garage in the 2500 block of South Elmwood Avenue at 10:22 a.m. Oct. 6. There were no signs of forced entry to the garage doors.
• Several pieces of furniture, collectibles and wall radiators were reported stolen from a vacant home in the 1800 block of South Oak Park Avenue Oct. 6. Entry appeared to have been gained by taking apart a rear door lock.
• Catalytic converters were reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 1800 block of South Home Avenue Oct. 7 and a vehicle parked in the area of Kenilworth Avenue and 13th Street on Oct. 5.
• Video game equipment was reported stolen from a residence in the 2600 block of South Harvey Avenue Oct. 8.
• A purse containing credit cards and cash was reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 6900 block of Kenilworth Avenue Oct. 5. Entry was gained through a broken rear passenger window.
• Gang graffiti was reported at four different locations in the 1900 block of Scoville Avenue Oct. 6. Graffiti was also reported in the 2200 block of South Grove Avenue.
• Graffiti was reported in the vicinity of the 2100 block of South Euclid Avenue, on Oct.
• Graffiti was reported in the 1200 block of South Cuyler Avenue on Oct. 9.
Men flash signs,
rob man of tennis shoes
A woman withdrew $200 from an ATM and handed the cash, her purse and a gold chain over to a woman who, with a male accomplice, intimidated her in the 2200 block of South Central Avenue at 11:30 a.m. Oct. 5.
The victim said the offenders followed her into a CVS Drug Store and attempted to start a conversation. After exiting the CVS, the female offender grabbed her purse and a gold chain from her and fled northbound on Central Avenue toward Cermak Road.
The female suspect was described as white, with long black hair, about 5-feet 7-inches tall and 130 to 140 pounds.
The male suspect was described as white, about 5-feet-tall and weighing 130
Burglary and theft
• A large quantity of winter clothing and boots were reported stolen from a garage in the 4900 block of West 31st Place Oct. 8. Entry was gained through a damaged garage door.
• A quantity of copper tubing, steel hardware and two manhole cover assemblies were reported stolen from a construction site in the 3400 block of South Cicero Avenue Oct. 7.
• A central air conditioning unit was reported stolen from the side yard of a residence in the 3400 block of South 59th Court Oct. 5.
• An Xbox system, numerous games and a bicycle were reported stolen from a garage in the 2500 block of South 59th Avenue Oct. 4. Entry was gained by removing a board from a previously broken window.
• A wheelchair was reported stolen from a garage in the 5300 block of West 23rd Street Oct. 1. Entry was gained through an unlocked service door.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle parked in the 1500 block of South 57th Avenue Sept. 29.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1900 block of South 59th Court on Oct. 5.
• A white utility trailer was reported stolen in the 3400 block of South Cicero Avenue Oct. 5.