Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Ruben Barela, 20, of Cicero, was charged with domestic battery after allegedly grabbing a woman’s arm to prevent her from leaving at 6:46 p.m. Oct. 2 in the 0-100 block of Riverside Road.
Tirso Hernandez, 42, of Lyons, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after being pulled over for driving without headlights and weaving between lanes near Ogden Avenue and Shakespeare Road at 11:54 p.m. Oct. 2.
Criminal damage to vehicles
A cell phone was stolen from a vehicle that had a driver’s side window broken at 6:39 p.m. Oct. 3 in the 0-100 block of Bloomingbank Road. Another vehicle at the same location had $10 in quarters stolen around the same time after its driver’s side window was also broken.
Driving without license
Claudia D. Enciso, 24, of Bridgeview, was charged with driving without a license after being pulled over for speeding at First Avenue and Waubansee Road at 8:44 p.m. Oct. 4.
Crosswalk sign stolen
A crosswalk sign was stolen from outside a business in the first block of East Burlington Street, as reported at 8:20 a.m. Oct. 1.
Kenhya Menera, 28, of Brookfield, was charged with battery for her involvement in a fight with another woman in the 4500 block of Sunnyside Avenue at 3:32 p.m. Sept. 30.
Battery, resisting a police officer
Michael P. Murphy, 32, of the 3200 block of Madison Avenue, was charged with misdemeanor battery after attacking a man during an argument in the 3200 block of Arthur Avenue at 2 a.m. Oct. 4. Neal P. Meagher, 32, of Chicago, who was also involved in the argument, was charged with resisting a police officer.
Theft of motor vehicle
A body panel was stolen from a semitruck in the 9100 block of Plainfield Road between 7 p.m. Oct. 1 and 7 a.m. Oct. 2.
Burglary to motor vehicle
• A pair of sandals valued at $30 was stolen from a vehicle in the 3900 block of Oak Avenue, as reported at 5:56 p.m. Oct. 2.
• A tire, satellite radio and Chicago Bears sweatshirt were stolen from a vehicle in the 4500 block of Park Avenue at 4:24 p.m. Oct. 2.
• About $3 in change was stolen from a vehicle in the 3200 block of Sunnyside Avenue, as reported at 12:24 p.m. Oct. 2.
• A cell phone charger was stolen from a vehicle in the 4500 block of Prairie Avenue at 5:21 a.m. Oct. 2.
• A purse was stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 3700 block of Hollywood Avenue at 8:06 a.m. Oct. 4.
• A $50 bill, $3 to $5 in change and six Illinois lottery tickets were stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 3200 block of Sunnyside Avenue, as reported at noon Oct. 5.
• About 10 CDs, two DVDs, Coach sunglasses and one pack of cigarettes were stolen from a vehicle in the 3100 block of Sunnyside Avenue between 9 p.m. Oct. 4 and 8 a.m. Oct. 5.
• Sandale I.L. Williams, 18, of the 8400 block of La Grange Road, La Grange, was charged with residential burglary after allegedly breaking into a house in the 4100 block of Oak Avenue at 3:39 p.m. Oct. 3.
• Glass was broken at various spots on a house that was broken into in the 3100 block of Raymond Avenue, as reported at 2:58 p.m. Sept. 30. Nothing was taken from the house, but many items were moved.
Man charged with theft hits police officer
Richard R. Uresti, 21, of the 4100 block of Elm Avenue, was charged with battery to a police officer, resisting arrest and theft after stealing a Coach purse and iPhone from a resident in the 4000 block of Center Avenue at 10:03 p.m. Oct. 5. As police tried to arrest him, Uresti struck an officer in the side of the head with his forearm. Police took him to the ground and arrested him.
iPads stolen from AT&T store
A number of iPads were stolen from employee lockers at the AT&T Store, 8542 W. 44th St., after the store was broken into between 6:30 p.m. Oct. 6 and 8 a.m. Oct. 7.
Pumpkin decoration stolen
A pumpkin decoration was stolen from outside a residence in the 8600 block of West 45th Place, as reported at 7:33 a.m. Oct. 9.