Police reports for Lombard
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Lombard Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• Viridiana Nolla, 28, 813 Bellflower Lane, Bolingbrook, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 12:41 a.m. Sept. 29 at Butterfield and Meyers roads.
• Dana Smith, 44, 2210 S. Grace St., Lombard, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and operating an uninsured motor vehicle after being involved in an accident at 5:38 p.m. Sept. 29 at Westmore-Meyers Road and Jackson Street.
• Cameron Tap, 20, 466 N. Main St., Lombard, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and improper stopping in the roadway at 1:58 a.m. Oct. 1 at Madison Street and Fairfield Avenue.
• David Faber, 33, 860 Hilawatha Drive, Elgin, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 2:40 a.m. Oct. 5 at the Brauer House, 1000 N. Rohlwing Road.
• Jatan Patel, 23, 3302 56th Ave. #203, Kenosha, Wis., was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 4:38 a.m. Oct. 6 at North Avenue and I-355.
• Jerold Mederich, 58, 630 Sunnyside Ave., Elmhurst, was charged with criminal trespass at 1:52 a.m. Sept. 29 at Otto's, 433 W. Crescent Blvd. According to police, Mederich had allegedly threatened an employee and then refused to leave the business. When police arrived, they called a cab for Mederich and his friend, but the business employee told police that Mederich and his friend exited the cab and returned to the business. Mederich refused to leave the business and was transported to the Lombard Police Department and charged.
• Marta Petrovic, 53, 9011 W. Cermak Road, North Riverside, was charged with retail theft at 1:53 p.m. Sept. 30 at Von Maur, 145 Yorktown.
• Amy Varcho, 38, 66 N. Elizabeth St., Lombard, was charged with retail theft at 6:18 p.m. Oct. 3 at Hobby Lobby, 255 . Roosevelt Road.
• Kelsey Sparrow, 21, 303 S. Oakland Ave., Villa Park, was charged with retail theft at 8:39 p.m. Oct. 3 at Von Maur, 145 Yorktown.
• Jose Hernandez-Pineda, 27, 1812 N. Pulaski Ave., Chicago, was charged with retail theft at 4:29 p.m. Oct. 6 at Marshall's, 102 Yorktown.
• A man reached over the counter, took an iPad and left the store at 2:30 p.m. Oct. 4 at Sprint, 203 Yorktown.
• Christopher Winston, 31, 4641 W. Fulton St., Chicago, was charged with domestic battery at 2:44 a.m. Sept. 29 at Extended Stay, 260 E. 22nd St.
• Javier Solis, 48, 111 N. Highland Ave., Lombard, was charged with domestic battery and unlawful interference with reporting domestic violence at 3:24 p.m. Oct. 5 at his home.
• Michael Fitzgibbon, 60, 316 S. Grace St., Lombard, was charged with domestic battery at 8:41 p.m. Oct. 6 at his home.
Liquor compliance checks
• On Oct. 1, representatives from the Lombard Police Department sent underaged volunteers into several local businesses to check that alcohol was not being served to minors. The following businesses were checked and all were in compliance: Embassy Suites, 707 E. Butterfield Road; Discovery Bay, 707 E. Butterfield Road; Masala, 801 E. Butterfield Road; DMK Burger Bar, 2370 Fountain Square Drive; PF Changs, 2361 Fountain Square Drive; Weber Grill, 2331 Fountain Square Drive; Miller's Ale House, 455 E. Butterfield Road; AMC Theater, 80 Yorktown; Harry Carey's, 70 Yorktown; French Quarter New Orleans Kitchen, 44 Yorktown; and Patio Restaurant, 2780 S. Highland Ave.
• On Oct. 2, the Lombard Police Department conducted a second check at the following businesses and found all in compliance: Johnson Fish Company, 908 E. Roosevelt Road; Lombard Liquors, 420 W. 22nd St.; Roundheads, 275 W. Roosevelt Road; Beacon Hill, 2400 S. Finley Road; Double Dragon, 412 W. 22nd St.; Ultra Foods, 491 E. Roosevelt Road; Whirley Ball, 800 S. Roosevelt Road; Enchanted Castle, 1103 S. Main St.; and Lombard Moose Lodge, 328 W. Roosevelt Road.
Burglary to motor vehicle
• Someone took a GPS unit and an undetermined amount of change from a car in the 100 block of East Regency Drive. The report was made at 6:16 p.m. Oct. 2.
• Someone took a GPS unit from a car at Jewel, 1177 S. Main St.. The report was made at 1:26 p.m. Oct. 6.
• Employees at Payday Loans, 446 E. Roosevelt Road told police that a black male walked into the store, displayed a handgun and demanded cash at 11:30 a.m. Oct. 3. He was given the cash and fled the area.
Theft from motor vehicle
• A catalytic converter was taken from a car in the parking lot at Lucky Strike, 100 Yorktown. The report was made at 5:21 p.m. Oct. 4.
• Five catalytic converters were taken from cars in the Yorktown parking lot during the evening of Oct. 4.
• A catalytic converter was taken from a car in the Yorktown parking lot. The incident was reported at 11:34 p.m. Oct. 5.
• A man told police that he had been hit in the face and had his wallet taken at 9 p.m. Oct. 4 in the 1300 block of South Finley Road.