Soroptimist club seeks applications for Violet Richardson Award
Soroptimist International of Suburban Chicago is accepting applications for the Violet Richardson Award.
The award is named after Violet Richardson, president of the first of many Soroptimist clubs, which honor women and girls who donate their time to worthy causes.
The award program first gathers winners from individual club levels, who receive a $250 cash award and become eligible for district, regional and national awards. One winner is chosen for the $2,500 national award and a matching contribution to the charitable organization of her choice.
Girls ages 14 to 17 are eligible for the award.
For more information, go to the club's web site at www.si-suburbanchicago.org and click the Programs and Projects tab. To request an application and obtain the local address for submitting the completed application, use the Contact Us link.
Deadline for submitting completed applications is Nov. 30.
More Local News News
- Glen Ellyn families will pay $7.50 per month to fund fire company
- District 200 announces details about community engagement program
- Case-by-case approach suggested for new construction storm water requirements
- Crazy Pour hopes to cater to all
- Unitarian Church of Hinsdale to host holiday events