Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
$14k in railroad signal parts reported stolen
About $14,000 in railroad signal components were reported stolen from four cargo shipping containers between July 1 and Sept. 30 at Walnut and Burlington avenues. Police said the signals have high copper content. The containers were pad-locked and were removed with what police assume was a grinder.
Delivery driver’s car reported stolen
A driver at a pizzeria in the 900 block of Warren Avenue told police someone stole his car after he returned to the restaurant following a delivery at 10:45p.m. Sunday. The alleged victim told police he returned from a delivery and parked the blue 2002 Kia Optima in front of the business. He said the car’s doors were unlocked and he left the keys in the cupholder. After mopping inside the pizzeria he returned to the parking spot to find the vehicle missing. There is a dent on the front driver’s side door, he told police. There are no suspects.
Mailboxes damaged on Berrywood Drive
Residents discovered several mailboxes had been knocked over in the 6500 block of Berrywood Drive between 11 and 11:45 p.m. Saturday. Residents said they heard children’s voices and laughter near the time of the vandalism.
• Tristyn L. Healey, 34, 1848 Grant St., Downers Grove, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper display of plates and expired driver’s license at 1:24 a.m. Thursday at Grant Street and Lee Avenue.
• Ralph I. Austgen, 64, 5430 Westview Lane, Lisle, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 4:19 p.m. Oct. 1 at Curtiss Street and Belmont Road.
Domestic battery charges
• Ronald A. Darrus, 56, 3940 Fairview Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with domestic battery at 2 p.m. Saturday at his residence.
• Tugce Kurtulus, 22, 1630 63rd St., Downers Grove, was charged with two counts of domestic battery at 11:34 a.m. Oct. 2 at her residence.
• Angela M. Vela, 34, 6005 Brookbank Road, Downers Grove, was charged with two counts of domestic battery at 12:11 p.m. Oct. 1 at her residence.
Theft and burglary reported
• A customer at a bar in the 5100 block of Main Street told police someone stole his keys and wallet from his jacket between 1 and 2:58 a.m. Saturday. The man told police that someone then entered his vehicle and took his medications, but left other valuable items in the vehicle. There are no suspects.
• A black wallet with $980 in cash and credit and debit cards was reported stolen from a locked vehicle parked between 2 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. Oct. 2 in the 3200 block of Finley Road.
• Someone broke a driver’s-side window of a locked SUV and stole a $50 Garmin GPS between 6:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Oct. 2 in the 5000 block of Belmont Road.
• A Trek bicycle, golf clubs and a golf bag were reported stolen from a garage between 10:30 p.m. Sept. 25 and 7:30 a.m. Sept. 26 in the 6100 block of Plymouth Street.
• A wrought iron patio table and matching rocking chairs valued at $1,200 were reported stolen from the outside of a residence between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Oct. 1 in the 1500 block of Chicago Avenue.