American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy opens Institute for Training in Downers Grove
DOWNERS GROVE – The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy opened its new Institute for Training on Friday in Downers Grove.
The new $20 million gastrointestinal endoscopy training center and headquarters in Downers Grove uses cutting-edge technologies and will foster the development, training and adoption of new techniques in order to improve physician performance and advance patient care, it said in a press release.
The new facility has laboratory facilities that will house up to 16 hands-on training stations using endoscopy towers, simulators, fluoroscopy machines or other training and medical equipment. It also features a 100-plus seat auditorium with audience-response system, a rentable lab, auditorium, banquet and conference rooms, among other features.
For photos of the facility, visit www.asge.org/ittrentals/Explore.html.
The building is at 3300 Woodcreek Drive in Downers Grove.
More Downers Grove News
- Downers Grove South High School groups collect items for needy this holiday season
- Downers Grove collects coats for charity
- Judges announce winners of Downers Grove Gingerbread Festival
- Downers Grove Fire Department to hang wreaths to promote fire safety
- Winter Artfest opens its doors this Friday, Saturday in Downers Grove
- Offense not enough for Sentinels at tourney Thanksgiving tourney
- Spinuzza’s buzzer-beater lifts Mustangs at Thanksgiving tourney
- Police reports: Downers Grove for week of Dec. 4
- Record 6,200 participants run, walk in Bonfield Express in memory of DGS teacher
- Illinois Senate passes bill attempting to draw Univar headquarters to Downers Grove