Berwyn Township offers residents flu shots
BERWYN – Flu vaccine is now available to Berwyn residents and shots will be administered from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday at the Berwyn Township Public Health District building, 6600 W. 26th St.
Shots will be given until vaccine stock has depleted. Proof of Berwyn residency will be required at the time of service.
No appointment is necessary.
Children 18-years old and younger, who have no insurance or are on Medicaid, will receive the vaccine free of charge. The cost for children with private insurance, as well as adults, is $25.
The Berwyn Township Public Health District can only accept cash for services provided, according to a news release.
Berwyn seniors who have Medicare Part B as a primary insurance will not be charged if they present their Medicare card along with their valid photo ID at the time of service.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older receive a yearly flu shot. Senior citizens, young children and those with a weak immune system are at high risk for flu complications. It takes two weeks for the body to develop antibodies after the flu vaccine is administered. For this reason, people are encouraged to receive a flu shot as early in the season as possible.
If a flu immunization is required outside of the set hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, please call the Health District at 708-788-6600 to schedule an appointment.
Children 18-years old and younger must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If another adult is bringing your child for medical services, they must present your written permission along with a copy of your valid photo ID. Please bring children’s shot records for review at the time of their appointment
More information is available at 708-788-6600.
More Local News News
- Progressive Village Performance Network's holiday show set for Dec. 13, 15
- ‘Small Business Saturday’ catching on in Lombard
- All-State Play puts Glenbard East director, student in spotlight
- La Grange's Hometown Holiday features shopping deals, activities for all ages
- Lemont High School to showcase musicians for the holidays
- Man sentenced to 8 years for attempted armed robbery of Oak Brook jewelry store
- Westchester student participates in selective agriculture conference
- LT provides gifts for 125 underprivileged children
- Park District of La Grange Park offers kids' ornament-making class
- Principle Dance Company presents 'The Nutcracker Ballet' on Sunday in Riverside