Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Robert Wayne, 48, of the 7900 block of West North Avenue, Elmwood Park, was charged with battery at 7:56 p.m. Sept. 21 at Route 83 and St. Charles Road.
Domestic battery charged
Mark Fay, 49, with an unknown address, was charged with domestic battery at 4:05 p.m. Sept. 26 in the 400 block of West Alexander Boulevard.
• Justin Peacock, 25, of the 700 block of South Spring Road, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage, illegal squealing of tires and no insurance at 1:07 a.m. Sept. 23 at York Street and Crescent Avenue.
• Philip Asselborn, 70, of the 700 block of Poplar Avenue, was charged with improper lane usage, failure to signal and driving under the influence of alcohol at 12:47 a.m. Sept. 27 at Butterfield Road and Cedar Avenue.
• Taurus George, 33, of the 5400 block of West Cortez Street, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs, improper lane usage, unsafe tire, no insurance and illegal transportation of alcohol at 1:07 a.m. Sept. 27 at Roosevelt Road and Euclid Avenue.
• Enrique Alverez, 27, of the 600 block of Lake Manor Drive, Addison, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage, not having insurance and driving while license suspended at 1:55 a.m. Sept. 28 at North Avenue and York Street.
Possession of marijuana charged, cited
• Matthew Eldred, 20, of the 4600 block of Jefferson Street, Lakeview, Mich. was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of alcohol by a minor at 8:13 p.m. Sept. 23 in the 300 block of Route 83 for having 107.4 grams of marijuana.
• Leone Schwestka, 25, of the 400 South Harvey Avenue, Oak Park, Zachary R. White, 19, of the 1500 block of Jackson Avenue, River Forest, and Cheryl Shields, 19, of the 1100 block of South Humphrey Avenue, Oak Park, were cited for possession of marijuana at 9:55 p.m. Sept. 27 at St. Charles Road and Kenilworth Avenue. Schwestka was also cited for expired registration. Brittany Campbell, 22, of the 400 block of South Lombard Avenue, Oak Park, was cited for illegal transportation of alcohol. Eric Williams, 19, of the 1100 block of Lyman Avenue, was cited for consumption of alcohol by a minor.
Possession of drug paraphernalia
Eyvette Brooks, 35, of the 1900 block of Charles Lane, Aurora, was charged with unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, driving while license suspended, not having insurance and passing on the shoulder at 6:08 p.m. Sept. 24 at North Avenue and Route 83. Passenger Marcus Butler, 40, of the 1S300 block of Vista Avenue, Lombard, was charged with obstructing identification and failure to wear a seatbelt and transported to DuPage County Jail for a failure to appear warrant for assault.
Public intoxication cited
• Robert Lee Baldwin, 63, of the 600 block of George Street, Bensenville, was cited for public intoxication and open alcohol at 7:05 p.m. Sept. 25 in the 100 block of West North Avenue.
• Kenneth Butera, 25, of the 2200 block of Stonehaven Drive, Plainfield, was issued a ticket for public intoxication at 5:07 p.m. Sept. 27 in the 300 block of South West Avenue.
• Two checks totaling $1,290 were written for the installation of a glass block window and two sump pumps in May that were still not installed as of noon Sept. 23 in the 700 block of Washington Street.
• Four inactivated gift cards sold for $1,500 were reported at 3:03 p.m. Sept. 25 in the 500 block of North York Street.
• A woman reported someone stole her wallet and used her credit card to make a purchase at a gas station in Chicago at 4:19 p.m. Sept. 27 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• An unauthorized person tried to withdraw $5,500 from a bank account at 4 p.m. Sept. 27 in the 500 South York Road.
Possession of fake I.D. charged
Cruz De Los Santos, 20, of the 18W600 block of Standish Lane, Villa Park, was charged with two charges of attempted unlawful possession of a fictitious identification card, driving while license suspended, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, improper lane usage and disobeying a traffic control signal at 8:48 a.m. Sept. 23 at North Avenue and Route 83.
Someone reportedly stole a check, wrote it to herself and cashed it at 12:12 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 700 block of West North Avenue.
Identity theft reported
Three unauthorized transactions totaling $2,000 were made on a credit card between 8 a.m. Sept. 20 and 8 a.m. Sept. 21 in the 200 block of Indiana Street.
Thefts, burglaries reported
• Jewelry was reported stolen from inside a house between 8 a.m. Jan. 2 and 8:30 p.m. Sept. 22 in the 100 block of East Oneida Avenue.
• A pair of leather boots worth $500 were stolen between 1:26 and 1:50 p.m. Sept. 25 in the 200 block of East Third Street.
Criminal damage to property reported
• A picnic table worth $1,000 was reported broken at 9:30 a.m. Sept. 23 in the 200 block of West First Street.
• An HP laptop computer worth $200 was reported stolen from inside a parked car with a broken window, which was $500 of damage, at 10:58 p.m. Sept. 26 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• A briefcase containing an iPad, checkbook and various cards was reported stolen at 11:24 p.m. Sept. 26 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• A woman's black Huffy Mountain bike worth $25 was reported stolen between 2 p.m. Sept. 26 and 9:23 a.m. Sept. 27 in the 100 block of South Cottage Hill Avenue.
• Fidel Vazquez, 22, of the 1000 East Division Drive, Lombard, was charged with retail theft at 6:40 p.m. Sept. 27 at his home after stealing from the 200 block of Route 83.
Criminal defacement reported
Graffiti was reported on a cement underpass at 9:37 a.m. Sept. 26 at St. Charles Road and Salt Creek.
An orange Mongoose M-6 bicycle was found at 10:18 a.m. Sept. 26 at Interstate 290 and Church Street.