Downers Grove South teacher receives Outstanding Educator Award
DOWNERS GROVE – South High School teacher Patrick Fardy was recently awarded the 3M Outstanding Economic Educator Award from 3M and Econ Illinois, the Illinois Council on Economic Education.
Fardy is one of two teachers in the state of Illinois to receive the award, which honors educators who are committed to economic education and who have "positively impacted student achievement and economic understanding," according to the school district.
Fardy was commended for creating an environment where students can gain confidence in learning personal economic skills, including those needed to navigate through life during and after high school.
In addition to teaching a variety of business courses, including consumer education, intro to business and entrepreneurship, Fardy was also lauded for expanding on his own base of knowledge in order to bring ideas back to the classroom for his students.
3M has sponsored the award for the past 15 years. Econ Illinois and its network of university-based Centers for Economic Education provide Illinois teachers with curriculum counseling, educational competitions and awards program and professional development.
More Downers Grove News
- Hazardous weather expected to impact Wednesday morning rush hour
- DuPage Stormwater Management asks residents to reduce use of road salt this winter
- Looking into the future of DuPage County
- Roskam to host press conference on poison prevention during holiday season
- Midwestern University’s clinical psychology program receives accreditation
- Radio station moves to Wheaton, promises DuPage County coverage
- Downers Grove Village Council approves restrictions for medical marijuana dispensaries
- Youth Symphony of DuPage celebrates 50th year
- Downers Grove South High School groups collect items for needy this holiday season
- Downers Grove collects coats for charity