Police reports for Elmhurst
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Possession of stolen vehicle
A minor was charged with possession of motor vehicle and burglary at 11:16 p.m. Sept. 21 in the 300 block of Holly Avenue after trying to steal a car, but stealing coins, digital camera and key fob when it wouldn't start.
• Kim Becker, 40, of the 600 block of South Fairfield Avenue, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs and endangering the life of a child at 7:45 p.m. Sept. 19 in the 500 block of Spring Road after she had a 6-year-old child in her car.
• Justin Rich, 21, of the 100 block of Geneva Avenue, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and expired registration at 1:34 a.m. Sept. 20 at Third Street and Geneva Avenue.
• Amanda Yaeger, 27, of the 200 block of North Oaklawn Avenue, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and speeding at 2:26 a.m. Sept. 21 at North and Highland avenues.
• Enox T. Clay, 32, of the 6700 of 21st Street, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage and driving without headlights at 3:46 a.m. Sept. 21 at York and Butterfield roads.
Unlawful use of an inhalant charged
Donna Mansueto, 51, whose last known address was in the 100 block of Clara Place, was charged with unlawful use of an inhalant at 8:24 p.m. Sept. 20 in the 2600 block of South Route 83 after she was found huffing a can of Maxwell Blast Away Multi-Purpose Duster Spray.
Underage drinking charged
Christopher Kazmierczak, 19, and Thomas Kazmierczak, 20, both of the 1000 block of South Center Street, Bensenville, were charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor at 1:36 a.m. Sept. 22 at York and Lake streets. Thomas Kazmierczak was also charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Possession of drug paraphernalia cited
A minor was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia at 7:59 p.m. Sept. 21 at Berkley Avenue and Madison Street.
Possession of tobacco cited
Two minors were cited for possession of tobacco by a minor at 3:25 p.m. Sept. 20 at Church Street and Kenilworth Avenue.
Thefts, burglaries reported
• A Heckler-Koch .45 caliber handgun and a Sig Sauer 9 mm were reported stolen from inside locked cases between noon Sept. 7 and noon Sept. 17 in the 100 block of East Van Buren Street.
• A cell phone was reported stolen between 11:20 p.m. Sept. 17 and 1:05 a.m. Sept. 18 in the 100 block of East Schiller Street.
• Twenty-four bronze cemetery vases were reported missing from grave sites at 6:28 a.m. Sept. 18 in the 500 block of East Grand Avenue.
• A purse was reported stolen at 1 p.m. Sept. 20 in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street.
• A home was reported broken into and a white gold wedding ring stolen between 3 p.m. Sept. 19 and 12:05 a.m. Sept. 21 in the 300 block of East Madison Street.
• A condominium was reported broken into and a watch, iPod and jewelry stolen at 2 p.m. Sept. 22 in the 200 block of West Brush Hill Road.
Trespass to motor vehicle reported
Two males were reported in another man's car at 12:47 a.m. Sept. 21 in the 700 block of South Fairview Avenue before fleeing the scene.
Theft by deception reported
Counterfeit checks totaling $2,500 were used to pay for placing advertisements on a vehicle at 5:36 p.m. Aug. 25 in the 600 block of South Edgewood Avenue.
• Timothy Gugerty, 30, of the 300 block of South Main Street, Ohio, Ill. was charged with retail theft at 3:30 p.m. Sept. 17 in the 200 block of Route 83 after stealing a bottle of Jagermeister. Gugerty was also connected to another theft by a CO2 package and BB gun that were found in his backpack.
• Katherine Mather, 22, of the 400 block of North Kensington Avenue, La Grange Park, was charged with retail theft at 6:51 p.m. Sept. 19 in the 300 block of Route 83 after stealing $224.18 worth of items.
• Sierra M. Donovan-Their, 22, of the 200 block of Ashland Avenue, Des Plaines, was charged with retail theft at 2:07 p.m. Sept. 21 in the 200 block of South Route 83 after stealing $80.47 worth of cosmetics.
• Three minors were charged with retail theft at 6:01 p.m. Sept. 21 in the 2600 block of Route 83 after stealing a knife, razor blade, Jack Link's Beef Jerky and seven pairs of women's underwear.
Public indecency charged
John B. Doyle, 49, and Debby Hansen, 52, both of the 700 block of West Liberty Street, Wheaton were charged with public indecency at 2:21 p.m. Sept. 21 at Commerce Parkway and First Street.
Credit card fraud reported
A credit card company notified an Elmhurst man of unauthorized charges of $5,280.62 at 12:01 p.m. Aug. 6 in Rosemont.
Stolen car found
A car stolen out of Park Ridge was found at 6:46 p.m. Sept. 17 in the 400 block of Arlington Avenue.
Damage to property reported
• Someone cut the cable internet service on the rear of a building between 6:15 p.m. Sept. 18 and 8 a.m. Sept. 19 in the 600 block of North York Street.
• The passenger side quarter panel on a city truck was damaged while moving the trailer at 9:05 a.m. Sept. 22 in the 100 block of East Schiller Street.
An iPod Touch, worth $200, was reported missing at 3:43 p.m. Sept. 17 in the 300 block of West St. Charles Road.
Money, $700, was found at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 17 in the 900 block of North York Road.
• A pink and aqua princess Huffy girls bicycle was found at 11:09 a.m. Sept. 17 in the 700 block of Bryan Street.
• A men's black BMX style bike was found at 9:32 p.m. Sept. 17 in the 100 block of Clara Place.
• A boys black Thruster Freestyle bicycle with pink handle brakes and a black seat with gray skeletons was found at 8:25 a.m. Sept. 19 at East End Park.
• An boys orange BMX style Magna Ripclaw bicycle was found at 9:11 a.m. Sept. 21 in the 700 block of Hillside Avenue.