Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Another ruse-entry burglary reported
Residents of an unnamed block of 63rd Street discovered $800 in jewelry and $600 in cash missing from their bedrooms after allowing a man inside who claimed to be a new neighbor at 1:30 p.m. Friday.
The man told the residents he repaired fences for a living, and asked if they could go to the kitchen in the rear of the residence so he could show them some work he was going to do on a neighbor’s fence. The man was described as Hispanic and left with two other men in a grey van.
Man allegedly beaten at Downers Grove bar
A man told police several people punched and kicked him in the face, stomach and legs after he talked to a woman at 2:22 a.m. Saturday in front of Rosa’s American Roadhouse, 1211 Butterfield Road.
The man suffered a deep laceration above his left eye that was profusely bleeding, police said. He also had bruises on his face.
Bar personnel told police they did not see the attack but saw a crowd dispersing shortly after. Police believe the woman might be the girlfriend of one of the alleged attackers. Police did not name suspects or provide further information.
• Charles A. Serb, 23, 7600 Woodward Ave., Woodridge, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, unlawful possession of marijuana, speeding and no insurance at 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the 5400 block of Main Street.
• Vismantas Danyla, 32, 4258 Kedvale Ave., Chicago, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, no insurance, no driver’s license and improper lane usage at 11:40 p.m. Friday at Belmont and Prairie avenues.
• Jason N. Antepenko, 25, 6317 Wilshire Drive, Downers Grove, was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, driving under the influence of alcohol, unlawful possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia at 4:13 p.m. Thursday at Gilbert Park.
• John R. Koklys, 31, 11250 Dineff Road, Lemont, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, disobeying a traffic control device and no registration plate light at 2:28 a.m. Thursday at Stonewall Avenue and Grant Street.
• Emily R. Sulski, 23, 807 Division St., Lisle, was charged with speeding and driving under the influence of alcohol at 1:26 a.m. Sept. 16 in the 1500 block of Ogden Avenue.
Thefts, burglaries reported
• The owner of a business in the 7200 block of Lemont Road told police a glass door and window were shattered in an apparent burglary between 9:15 p.m. Thursday and 7:45 a.m. Friday. Cash register drawers were found open in the business, along with filing cabinet drawers. A total of $50 in cash was reported missing, and damage to the door and window was estimated at $2,000.
• A white garbage bag containing clothes, costume jewelry, a wedding and engagement ring was reported stolen from a hotel room between noon Sept. 17 and 3 p.m. Sept. 18 in the 2500 block of Ogden Avenue.
• A resident in the 400 block of Austin Street told police someone took her purse from her apartment when she went to walk her dog at 9 a.m. Sept. 16.
• A woman told police a pair of earrings were taken from her bag in a hotel room between 3 p.m. Sept. 14 and 10:30 a.m. Sept. 16 in the 3000 block of Finley Road.
• Two lamps were reported stolen from a screened-in porch between 6 p.m. Sept. 15 and 9:30 p.m. Sept. 16 in the 5400 block of Fairmont Avenue.
• A Dukes of Hazard-themed “General Lee” bicycle was reported stolen from a backyard between 4 p.m. Sept. 11 and 9 a.m. Dept. 12 in the 5400 block of Blodgett venue.
• Someone stole a fire extinguisher from its glass case between 8 p.m. Sept. 16 and 10:30 p.m. Sept. 17 from a parking deck in the 900 block of Curtiss Street. There are no suspects.
• Jasmine B. Simons, 33, 1498 Sommerfield Drive, Bolingbrook, was charged with theft at 2 p.m. Friday in the 1100 block of Ogden Avenue.
• Maria Fermin-Rubio, 36, 2344 Nicholas Road, Arlington Heights, was charged with retail theft and possession of a fictitious ID between 7 and 7:30 p.m. Sept. 10 in the 2900 block of Finley Road.
Marijuana possession charged
Jessie R. Hicks, 55, 3553 Brookmeade St., Memphis, Tenn., charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and driving while license revoked at 4:30 p.m. Sept. 16 Curtiss and Washington streets.
Damage to property reported
Both side mirrors were reported broken off a vehicle parked between 12:45 and 1:45 a.m. Thursday in the 1400 block of Ogden Avenue.