Montini beats St. Francis in battle of unbeaten teams
|Montini's Terrance Savain runs up against St. Francis defenders during their home game Friday, Sept. 20, 2013. (Erica Benson - email@example.com)|
LOMBARD – Montini continued its dominant start to the season with a 30-7 win over St. Francis on Friday night in Lombard.
The Broncos led 16-0 at halftime and held on thanks to another impressive showing by the defense. Montini has allowed just 13 points in its last three games.
St. Francis falls to 3-1 and 1-1 in the Suburban Christian Blue. The Spartans host Aurora Christian next Friday. Montini (4-0, 2-0 SCC Blue) visits Marmion, which beat Marian Central 28-10 tonight and is also 4-0.
More Wheaton News
- Wheaton state politicians weigh in on Illinois pension reform bill
- D-200 officials, union address effect of state pension plan
- Suburban Life 2013 Central all-area football team
- Accountants and banks hold drive for Teen Parent Connection
- West Chicago encourages residents to 'shop local' with The 3/50 Project
- Dickens of a Christmas Stroll in Wheaton to highlight local business
- Chicago Infant Welfare Society selling Luminaria sets in Wheaton
- McGuire: Family Shelter Service offers safety and support during the holidays
- New Wheaton North principal ready to lead 'one of the greatest schools in the country'
- West Chicago library program brings reading material to youth correction center