Addison police offer car seat safety check Saturday
ADDISON – The Addison Police Department will conduct a car seat check Saturday.
Certified child passenger safety technicians will not only check car seats, but advise parents and caregivers on how to choose and install the proper seats for their child. Technicians can advise parents on the appropriate use of rear-facing, forward-facing and booster seats.
Addison police remind parents that all children younger than 13 should ride in the back seat, and seat belts are required in all seating positions.
This event is one of 88 Illinois events sponsored by AAA, Illinois Secretary of State, Illinois Head Start Association and the Illinois Department of Transportation. The seat check is also part of National Child Passenger Safety Week.
The event is free to the public. Technicians will be available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Addison Wal-Mart, 1050 N. Rohlwing Road.
More Mobile News
- Progressive Village Performance Network's holiday show set for Dec. 13, 15
- ‘Small Business Saturday’ catching on in Lombard
- All-State Play puts Glenbard East director, student in spotlight
- La Grange's Hometown Holiday features shopping deals, activities for all ages
- Lemont High School to showcase musicians for the holidays
- Man sentenced to 8 years for attempted armed robbery of Oak Brook jewelry store
- Westchester student participates in selective agriculture conference
- LT provides gifts for 125 underprivileged children
- Park District of La Grange Park offers kids' ornament-making class
- Principle Dance Company presents 'The Nutcracker Ballet' on Sunday in Riverside