Gubernatorial candidate Dillard to speak at Elmhurst College
ELMHURST – Republican gubernatorial candidate and state Sen. Kirk Dillard, R-Hinsdale, will speak at Elmhurst College as part of an ongoing Fixing Illinois series.
Dillard currently represents the northeastern portion of DuPage and western Cook counties. He was recently appointed assistant Republican leader in Springfield and received the Champion of Free Enterprise Award form the Illinois Chamber of Commerce earlier this year, according to a news release.
Before his election to the state Senate, Dillard worked as a judge for the Illinois Court of Claims and as chief of staff for Jim Edgar when he was governor.
The senator's talk, "Making Illinois a Destination Economy for Job Creation and Families," will be at 7 p.m. Sept. 30 in Frick Center's Founders Lounge at Elmhurst College.
Admission is free and open to the public. For more information, call 630-617-3390.
More Mobile News
- Residents invited to free reception Friday night for "lowbrow art" exhibit at EAG Gallery
- Benet quarterback Jack Beneventi picks Iowa
- Dukes’ depth pays dividends with tourney title
- Downers Grove South High School groups collect items for needy this holiday season
- Downers Grove collects coats for charity