Rep. Roskam named among "Most Corrupt" congressmen by ethics group
An ethics watchdog group in Washington D.C. has named U.S. Rep. Peter Roskam (R-Ill.) on a list identifying what it claims are the most corrupt politicians in Congress, according to a news release from the organization.
The Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington gave Roskam the "Dishonorable Mention" distinction in its 2013 "Most Corrupt Members of Congress" report. The congressman is under investigation for a trip to Taiwan that may have been sponsored by a government agency against House ethics rules.
No Illinois representatives made the "most corrupt" portion of the list, but Rep. Aaron Schock (R-Ill.) also received a dishonorable mention.
To read more about the ethics investigations surrounding Roskam's Taiwan trip, visit http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2013/09/12/roskam-ethics-review-about-2011-taiwan-trip-extended/aboy0f3/
More Carol Stream News
- Jeremiah Fleming steps up, helps Panthers to win in DVC opener
- Windsor Park to hold holiday concert in Carol Stream
- Glenbard North students help hungry with trip to food bank
- Carol Stream Park District executive director named head of DuPage Forest Preserve District
- Casale: Introducing, 'This and That'