Information in Police Reports is obtained from the West Chicago Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• An in-dash factory stereo was stolen from an unlocked vehicle at 1 a.m. Sept. 1 in the 400 block of Carriage Drive.
• A collapsible aluminum dolly and a silver blue fishing pole were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in a driveway at 4 a.m. Sept. 1 in the 1200 block of South Oak Street. A bag of clothes was taken from a second unlocked vehicle in the same driveway.
• A stereo and two pairs of sunglasses were stolen from an unlocked vehicle at 11:57 a.m. Sept. 1 in the 1200 block of Gates Street.
• An unknown person rifled through the glove box and center console of an unlocked vehicle between Aug. 31 and 9:30 p.m. Sept. 1 in the 1200 block of Elizabeth Street. Nothing was taken from the vehicle.
• A ladder, hedge trimmers and pruners were taken from an open garage between Aug. 30 and 6 áp.m. Sept. 2 in the 1000 block of Joliet Street.
• A GPS unit was taken from a vehicle at 2:56 a.m. Sept. 3 in the 100 block of Peachtree Lane.
• A Playstation 3 and $250 in cash was stolen at 12:40 p.m. Sept. 5 from a residence in the 600 block of Lincoln Avenue.
• A wallet containing $8,000 was stolen from an apartment closet between Aug. 30 and 1 p.m. Sept. 2 in the 900 block of Garys Mill Road.
• Two hundred twelve paint pens of various color, valued at $419.87, were stolen by an unknown man and woman between Aug. 27 and 7:30 p.m. Sept. 2 from a store in the 1800 block of North Neltnor Boulevard.
• A license plate renewal sticker was taken from a vehicle between Aug. 1 and 8 a.m. Sept. 3 in the 1200 block of Bishop Street.
• A wallet and a cell phone were stolen at 7:40 p.m. Sept. 3 in the 200 block of West Roosevelt Road.
• Two sewer grates were taken between Sept. 4 and 4 p.m. Sept. 5 between Woodside Drive and Long Oak Drive.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle at 3:08 p.m. Sept. 5 in the 600 block of West Washington Street.
• Eight unlocked bicycles were stolen from a backyard between Sept. 5 and 8 p.m. Sept. 6 in the 200 block of Church Street.
• A portable compressor and a cutter wheel were reported missing at 6:30 a.m. Sept. 7 in the 1N700 block of Pilsen Road.
• An unknown person used an individual’s social security number at 4:28 p.m. Sept. 3 in California.
Driving under the influence
• Artemio Calderon, 45, 128 E. Blair St., was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and resisting or obstructing an officer at 11:06 p.m. Sept. 1 at his home.
• Cordero Heath, 24, 945 Main St., Batavia, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, possession of a controlled substance and improper lane usage at 5:44 p.m. Sept. 7 between West Roosevelt Road and Wegner Drive.
• Howard Banks, 42, homeless, was charged with public drunkenness at 4:39 p.m. Sept. 3 between Main and Galena streets.
Criminal trespass to motor vehicle
• A set of vehicle suspension springs, jumper cables and miscellaneous tools were taken from an unlocked vehicle between Aug. 31 and 7 a.m. Sept. 1 in the 400 block of Dayton Avenue.
Criminal damage to vehicle
• An unknown person slashed a vehicle’s tires at 3 p.m. Sept. 2 in the 100 block of West Geneva Street.
• The right rear tire of a vehicle was punctured between Sept. 4 and 4:30 p.m. Sept. 5 in the 200 block of Chicago Street.
• An unknown person attempted to cut and steal a vehicle’s exhaust pipes and catalytic converter at 8:30 a.m. Sept. 5. in the 600 block of East Washington Street.
Criminal damage to property
• A cable and internet line were cut between Aug. 30 and 8 p.m. Sept. 5 in the 900 block of Wild Ginger Trail.
• Javier Cruz, 28, 1129 S. Oak St., was arrested on an in-state warrant at 11:45 p.m. Aug. 31 in the 800 block of Burr Oaks Drive. Cruz was also cited for speeding.
• Wilson Cifuentes, 21, 9 S. Wisconsin Ave., Addison, was charged with operating a motor vehicle without a driver’s license, a property damage only auto accident and driving too fast for conditions at 9:35 p.m. Sept. 1 between áNorth Avenue and Klein Road.