National Weather Service issues 'hazardous weather outlook' due to heat
The National Weather Service issued a "hazardous weather outlook" Tuesday for the Chicago area due to a heat index that may reach 100 degrees.
Temperatures are predicted to rise into the mid to upper 90s by this afternoon, according to the National Weather Service.
"Conditions like this can cause extra stress on those prone to heat illness such as young children, the elderly and those who work outdoors or in hot buildings," the Weather Service said in a statement. "Pets may also be susceptible to heat illness."
More Downers Grove News
- Illinois Senate passes bill attempting to draw Univar headquarters to Downers Grove
- More than 50 cartons of cigarettes taken in apparent business burglary
- Suburban Life 2013 South all-area football team
- Downers Grove school officials: Too early know local affect of pension reform
- DuPage Birding Club announces December bird walks and Christmas Bird Count