CLARENDON HILLS – The village of Clarendon Hills is currently seeking candidates for a police officer position.
Colin Hutchins, 24, of Grayslake officially resigned from the department without reason Aug. 22. Clarendon Hills Police Chief Ted Jenkins said Hutchins was set to finish his field training and be on patrol in October before turning in his resignation.
The Clarendon Hills Police Department employs 17 full-time and part-time personnel. This number includes 13 sworn officers and four civilian employees.
According to the application, the starting salary is $58,704 plus benefits, based on the last collective bargaining agreement. To be considered for employment, candidates must meet the following requirements:
• $35 non-refundable application fee.
• U.S. citizenship.
• Must have successfully obtained from an accredited junior college, college or university, 60 semester hours or equivalent quarter or trimester hours and achieved a C grade point average (copies of official transcripts must be submitted with application).
• Valid driver's license.
• Must be 21 years of age at time of application and under 35 years of age at time of application and at such time as the initial eligibility list is established (except as otherwise determined by State Statute).
• Applicants must have 20/20 corrected vision (eye glasses or contacts may be used to meet the standards) and must be able to distinguish between colors (red, blue, green and yellow).
• Must possess and provide a copy of a valid 2013 Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report Test (POWER) card no later than the date of the written examination.
Applications will be available from now to Oct. 4. All applications and required documents must be submitted to Selection Works prior to 3 p.m. Oct. 4 or the applicant will be considered ineligible to participate in the testing process, according to the application.
The orientation and written exam will be conducted on Oct. 19 at Prospect Elementary School, 130 N. Prospect Ave.
For more information, or to view the full application, visit stores.selectionworks.com/-strse-36/Clarendon-Hills-Police-Officer/Detail.bok.