Partly Cloudy
77°FPartly CloudyFull Forecast

Tri-State Fire District reponds to toxic odor in Burr Ridge

Published: Monday, Sept. 9, 2013 1:48 p.m. CDT

BURR RIDGE – The Tri-State Fire District responded to a report of a toxic odor at 9:21 a.m. Monday at 7600 Grant St., Burr Ridge.

A fork lift maintenance failure was identified to be the cause as the vehicle emitted acid fumes from the battery pack, according to a news release.

The building was evacuated, ventilated and metered during a two-hour period. The building was made safe and transferred procession back to management, according to the release.

No injuries were reported.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Suburban Life Media.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all SLM instances for analytics purposes.

Driver slams through front door of Riverside bank Monday

More videos »
 

Reader Poll

What's the most important issue to you in your community?
Taxes
Schools
Crime
All of the above