Tri-State Fire District reponds to toxic odor in Burr Ridge

BURR RIDGE – The Tri-State Fire District responded to a report of a toxic odor at 9:21 a.m. Monday at 7600 Grant St., Burr Ridge.

A fork lift maintenance failure was identified to be the cause as the vehicle emitted acid fumes from the battery pack, according to a news release.

The building was evacuated, ventilated and metered during a two-hour period. The building was made safe and transferred procession back to management, according to the release.

No injuries were reported.