Mostly Cloudy
84°FMostly CloudyFull Forecast

Tri-State Fire District reponds to toxic odor in Burr Ridge

Published: Monday, Sept. 9, 2013 1:48 p.m. CDT

BURR RIDGE – The Tri-State Fire District responded to a report of a toxic odor at 9:21 a.m. Monday at 7600 Grant St., Burr Ridge.

A fork lift maintenance failure was identified to be the cause as the vehicle emitted acid fumes from the battery pack, according to a news release.

The building was evacuated, ventilated and metered during a two-hour period. The building was made safe and transferred procession back to management, according to the release.

No injuries were reported.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Suburban Life Media.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all SLM instances for analytics purposes.

Rec & Roll Day Program's Ice Bucket Challenge

More videos »
 

Reader Poll

Do you make donations to charity?
Yes, every year to the same one
Yes, to different charities at different times
On a case by case basis
Not currently