Police reports: West Chicago for Sept. 5
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the West Chicago Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• An iPad was stolen from an unlocked motor vehicle between Aug. 19 and 8:30 p.m. Aug. 20 in the 1200 block of Kings Circle.
• An Illinois state ID and Chase debit card were stolen from an unlocked vehicle between Aug. 8 and 10 a.m. Aug. 24 in the 100 block of Wycliffe Drive. About $50 was reported to have been fraudulently charged on the debit card.
• The hood of an old pickup truck, a nonworking generator and two large gate doors were stolen from a residential property between July 19 and 6 p.m. Aug. 19 in the 2N600 block of Reque Road.
• A trailer was reported stolen between Aug. 16 and 10:30 p.m. Aug. 19 in the 600 block of Wenger Drive.
• A sewer grate was reported missing at 5 p.m. Aug. 23 between Blakeley Street and Glen Avenue.
• A sewer grate was reported missing at 8:14 p.m. Aug. 23 between Forest Avenue and Bishop Street.
• A physical fight between siblings was reported at 1:08 a.m. Aug. 21 in the 100 block of West Geneva Street.
• Omar Garcia, 23, 1208 Kings Circle, was charged with one count of domestic battery at 11:07 p.m. Aug. 24 in the 600 block of Partridge Drive. He was charged with an additional count of domestic battery at 11:30 p.m. Aug. 24 at his home.
A door handle was forcibly removed between Aug. 22 and 3:30 p.m. Aug. 24 in the 1100 block of Marcella Lane.
Six credit cards from the same SunTrust Bank were reported to have been issued without the cardholder’s consent between July 19 and noon Aug. 19 in the 800 block of Farm Drive.
An incident of harassment by telephone was reported at 9:30 p.m. Aug. 24 in the 1600 block of Orchard Court.
Abel Cuiriz, 45, 529 Arbor Ave., was arrested on a warrant at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 20 at his home.
• Maritza Santana, 53, 4425 W. Wrightwood Ave., Chicago, was charged with driving a motor vehicle with a suspended or revoked driver’s license and a child restraint violation at 3:41 p.m. Aug. 18 between Arbor Avenue and Charlestowne Drive.
• Jose Perez, 22, 400 Carriage Drive, was charged with operating an uninsured motor vehicle, and Adrian Escalante, 21, 30W054 May St., was charged with operating a vehicle without a driver’s license and illegal transportation of alcoholic liquor at 9:06 p.m. Aug. 19 between Hazel and Blakeley streets.
• Bianca Campos, 28, 21 N. Anderson St., Aurora, was charged with operating an uninsured motor vehicle, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended or revoked driver’s license and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident at 5:24 p.m. Aug. 21 between Fabyan Parkway and West Roosevelt Road.
• Trevor Vrany, 30, 1020 Bishop St., was charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended or revoked driver’s license, and Scott McQueen, 32, 530 Fremont St., was charged with a seat belt violation at 4:31 a.m. Aug. 24 between Neltnor Boulevard and Main Street.
• Jose Duran-Contreras, 20, 942 Garys Mill Road, was charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended or revoked driver’s license and improper turn at an intersection at 8:03 p.m. Aug. 24 between Fabyan Parkway and West Roosevelt Road.
A wallet containing $156 in cash, two Chase credit cards and an Illinois driver’s license was reported found at 1 p.m. Aug. 19 in the 200 block of West National Street.
A backpack containing a Mexican Consulate ID was reported found at 10 a.m. Aug. 23 in the 200 block of West North Avenue.
A front license plate was discovered missing between Aug. 17 and 11 a.m. Aug. 20 in the 600 block of Kenwood Avenue.
• An abandoned vehicle with its flashers on, missing left rear tire and a note on the windshield that said someone would retrieve the vehicle soon was reported at 9:35 p.m. Aug. 18 between Illinois Route 59 and Diversy Parkway.
• Police received a report of an intoxicated man walking on the train tracks at 5:30 a.m. Aug. 21 near Washington Street.
• Sherry Juarez, 49, 517 Blakeley St., was charged with a public animal bite at 10:45 a.m. Aug. 24.