DuPage Sheriff's Department one of many participating in Law Enforcement Plane Pull
The DuPage County Sheriff's Department will be one of the many law enforcement departments and companies competing in the fifth annual Law Enforcement Torch Run Plane Pull.
The competition, which benefits Special Olympics Illinois, features teams of 20 competing against one another to pull a UPS Airbus 20 feet in the shortest amount of time, according to a news release from the Special Olympics.
Teams can register in the open division, which consists of companies, clubs and other groups, or in the public safety division, which includes law enforcement, fire departments, EMTs and armed forces.
Other teams scheduled to compete in the Sept. 21 competition include the Berwyn Police Department, Cotter Consulting, Inc. from Darien, MAKE Corporation in Oakbrook Terrace, the Woodridge Police Department and Meade Electric from McCook, according to the release.
For more information, visit illinoisplanepull.com
More Carol Stream News
- Glenbard North students help hungry with trip to food bank
- Carol Stream Park District executive director named head of DuPage Forest Preserve District
- Casale: Introducing, 'This and That'
- Hazardous weather expected to impact Wednesday morning rush hour
- Glenbard North students fundraise for Honor Flight Chicago