The West Suburban Chiefs of Police Association will hold its Installation of Officers Banquet on Sept. 20 at Crystal Sky Banquets in McCook.
During the banquet, the 2013-14 Board of Officers will receive their oath of office. The Board of Officers being installed includes:
• Steven Stelter, of the Brookfield Police Department, for a second term as president
• Joesph Lukaszek, of the Hillside Police Department, as vice president
• Michael Ruth, of the Elmhurst Police Department, as secretary/treasurer
• James Ritz, of the Berwyn Police Department, as sergeant at arms
• Tom Weitzel, of the Riverside Police Department, as immediate past-president
• Michael Holub, of the La Grange Police Department, as parliamentarian.
The West Suburban Chiefs of Police Association was formed in 1960 as an organization representing the near-west suburbs. Today the association continue to promote networking and training for members, as well as promoting legislation affecting law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
La Grange Police Chief Michael Holub, the parliamentarian and past-president of the association, will emcee the event, which begins with a social hour at 6 p.m. Dinner will be served at 7 p.m.
Also at the event, previous presidents, from 1960 through 2012, will be recognized in a video presentation.
This presentation will include former North Riverside Police Chief Anthony Garvey, who passed away after being elected, but prior to assuming the role of president.
Attendance is open to the public and costs $35 per person. Those interested in attending must RSVP by contacting Jane Coleman at 708-579-2333 at the village of La Grange.