Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Items dumped in resident’s backyard
A resident in the 4800 block of Highland Avenue told police someone dumped an old, damaged big-screen TV and six damaged satellite dishes in her backyard sometime between 1 and 5 p.m. Aug. 21.
A note was left with the satellite dishes that read, “Use them as scraps or Halloween costumes, whatever it is they’re free!”
There are no suspects.
The items were not listed as stolen in the police database.
$1,100 in liquor stolen from grocery store
Two men allegedly stole 42 bottles of liquor at 11:35 p.m. Aug. 16 from Jewel, 1148 Ogden Ave., after its liquor section had closed.
Security footage allegedly showed the two men fill up carrying baskets with 18 bottles of Grey Goose vodka and 24 bottles of 1800 tequila. They covered the alcohol with T-shirts and left the store without paying. The total value of the liquor was between $900 and $1,100.
• Edward H. Dean, 75, 2014 Kedvale Ave., Chicago, was charged with retail theft at 3:40 p.m. Aug. 21 in the 7400 block of Lemont Road.
• Two women allegedly stole $109.59 in alcohol between 3:36 and 3:57 p.m. Aug. 13 from a store in the 1200 block of 75th Street. The women were not located. One woman was described as being in her late 40s or early 50s with brown hair and ponytail. The other woman was described as being in her late 20s or early 30s with brown hair.
Domestic battery charges
• Dale E. McClenney, 20, 4729 Belmont Road., Downers Grove, was charged with two counts of domestic battery at 11:30 p.m. Saturday at his residence.
• Edward J. McConville, 45, 7439 Pipers Way, Downers Grove, was charged with domestic battery at 2:20 a.m. Aug. 22 at his residence.
• Jessica M. Word, 31, 6624 St. James Court, Downers Grove, was charged with two counts of domestic battery at 1:50 p.m. Aug. 22 at her residence.
Karl W. Tumaitis, 32, 4424 Wilson Ave., Downers Grove was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 1:38 a.m. Saturday at Prairie and Middaugh avenues.
Attempted burglary reported
A vehicle’s rear passenger door’s lock was reportedly punched out sometime between 5 p.m. Saturday and 9:39 a.m. Sunday in the 1410 block of Concord Drive. The inside of a vehicle appeared to have been rummaged through but the owner did not notice anything missing. There are no suspects.
Property damage reported
A resident in the 1030 block of Robey Avenue told police that someone broke a window and screen of the home with paintballs sometime between midnight and 8 a.m. Saturday. There are no suspects.