Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Wheaton Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• Collin J. Hamman, 22, 70 Muirfield Circle, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs at 2 a.m. Aug. 15 in the 500 block of South County Farm Road.
of a police officer
• Linda L. Valex, 33, 703 W. Liberty Drive, was charged with criminal trespassing to a real property, aggravated assault of a police officer, obstructing identification and resisting an officer at 5:01 p.m. Aug. 12 in the 200 block of North Cross Street.
Attempted burglary or residential burglary
• A suspect was seen kicking the rear pedestrian entrance door of a garage at 1:36 a.m. Aug. 18 in the 100 block of Brighton Drive. A person banged on the window and the subject fled. The subject was described as a male teenager, approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 150 pounds. He was reportedly wearing baggy burnt orange colored shorts or swim trunks and a gray t-shirt pulled over the top of his head. The area was checked with negative results.
• A suspect attempted to pry the screen off of a window along the main walkway of a residence between 5 p.m. Aug. 11 and 8 p.m. Aug. 13 in the 1200 block of South Sunset Road.
• A suspect attempted to pry open the sliding door of an apartment between 8 a.m. Aug. 6 and 12 p.m. Aug. 10 in the 0 to 99 block of Sterling Circle.
Burglary from a
• Ablem J. Issa, 18, 4607 S. Pulaski Drive, Lyons, was charged with burglary from a motor vehicle at 2 a.m. Aug. 17 at 900 West Liberty Drive.
Theft or retail theft
• Jennifer Garcia, 18, 29w761 Galbreath Drive, Warrenville, was charged with retail theft at 6:09 p.m. Aug. 16 in the 400 block of South County Farm Road.
• Kenneth Ray Riojas, 52, 0s426 Forest Ave., Winfield, was charged with theft at 3:13 p.m. Aug. 18 at the Wheaton Police Department.
• A bike was removed from in front of a garage between 9 p.m. Aug. 7 and 5 a.m. Aug. 8 in the 800 block of North Ellis Avenue.
• Salman Osman Musani, 19, 1542 Rice Creed Road, Fridley, Minn., was charged with retail theft at 2 p.m. Aug. 13 in the 600 block of South County Farm Road.
• A lanyard containing an ignition key was removed from a bedroom of a residence during a party between 8:30 and 9 p.m. Aug. 12 in the 100 block of South Summit Street.
• A man attempted to steal an unattended wallet and keys while the victim was filming his friend skateboarding at 6:58 p.m. Aug. 17 in the 100 block of West Park Avenue.
Arrested on warrant
• Mark R. Karthieser, 35, 651 7th St., LaSalle, was arrested on warrant for failure to appear in court for an aggravated DUI and failure to appear for a DUI. He was also charged with driving with a revoked driver’s license, obstructing an officer and obstructing identification at 10:18 a.m. Aug. 19 on 416 W. Evergreen St.
• Karrie Viscomi, 53, 318 Duane St., Glen Ellyn, was arrested on warrant for failure to appear in court for driving without a license at 4:25 p.m. Aug. 17 on the corner of Lambert and Roosevelt roads.
• James N. Baker, 39, 868 Heatherbrook Court, was
arrested on warrant for a traffic offense at 8:04 p.m. Aug. 15 at 868 Heatherbrook Court.
• Andrea R. Soloman, 39, 1003 S. Lorraine Road, was arrested on warrant for failure to appear in court for retail theft and failure to appear in court for attempted possession of a controlled substance at 8:15 a.m. Aug. 15 at 1003 S. Lorraine Road.
Aggravated revoked driver’s license
• Carl Grandberry, 46, 3336 W. Douglas Blvd., Chicago, was charged with aggravated revoked driver’s license at 1:58 a.m. Aug. 14 in the 900 block of East Roosevelt Road.
Criminal damage or defacement
• The front door glass of a business appeared to have been shot with a BB or pellet between 10:30 p.m. Aug. 17 and 5:30 a.m. Aug. 19 in the 300 block of East Loop Road.
• Spray paint was found on paving bricks at the new St. Francis High School football field between 5 p.m. Aug. 16 and 6 a.m. Aug. 18 at 2130 W. Roosevelt Road.
• A garage window was shot with a BB or pellet between 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Aug. 16 in the 1400 block of South Gables Boulevard.
• A front picture window of a residence was shot with a BB or pellet between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. Aug. 16 in the 1700 block of Glencoe Street.
• Three office windows on the east side of a restaurant were broken between 9 p.m. Aug. 14 and 8 a.m. Aug. 15 in the 1800 block of North Main Street.
• A plate glass window was reported broken on the north side of a building between 5 p.m. Aug. 14 and 8:15 a.m. Aug. 15 in the 400 block of West Liberty Drive.
• A rear window of a vehicle was broken with what appeared to be a BB type gun between 9 p.m. Aug. 14 and 6:30 a.m. Aug. 15 in the 800 block of East Countryside Drive.
• The front driver’s side window was broken out of a parked vehicle between 6 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Aug. 14 on the 1600 block of East Wakeman Avenue. Nothing from the vehicle was taken.
• The rear window of a parked vehicle was broken between 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Aug. 14 in the 300 block of East Cole Avenue.
• A “Draino bomb” consisting of a 20 ounce water bottle distorted into a sphere containing several crumpled up pieces of aluminum foil and the residue of a yellow green liquid was reported found at 8:58 p.m. Aug. 13 at 1 Fapp Circle.