Information in Police Reports is obtained from the West Chicago Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• Jesus Favela, 24, 1231 Gates St., was charged with retail shoplifting at 4:30 p.m. Aug. 3 in the 200 block of West North Avenue.
• An 1885 Liberty gold coin set in a gold ring for use as a charm, valued at $1,300, was stolen from a jewelry box between July 26 and 7 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 200 block of East Geneva Street.
• A vehicle was reported stolen and recovered at 8:13 p.m. Aug. 7 in the 500 block of Wegner Drive.
• A cellphone was reported stolen at 7:14 p.m. Aug. 6 in the 1200 block of Hawthorne Lane.
Driving under the influence
• Joseph Gehrett, 23, 27W559 Timber Lane, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, battery, possession of cannabis under 30 grams and resisting or obstructing an officer at 2:44 a.m. Aug. 4 in the 1000 block of Allen Avenue.
Criminal damage to property
• Four light bulbs were broken, possibly with a BB gun, at 3:08 a.m. Aug. 4 in the 100 block of East Geneva Street.
• Tires were slashed on the driver side of one car and the passenger side of another car between Aug. 3 and 9 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 300 block of Wilson Avenue.
• An obscene word was spray painted in red on the driver side door, passenger door and hood of a motor vehicle between Aug. 4 and 10 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 2900 block of Culver Lane. Vomit and honey were rubbed onto the windshield of the vehicle as well.
• Steve Velasquez, 28, 1936 N. Humboldt Blvd., Apt. 26, Chicago, was charged with criminal damage to a motor vehicle.
• Paint thinner or mineral spirits was poured into the gas tanks of two Hy-rail trucks between Aug. 3 and 12:01 a.m. Aug. 8 in the 300 block of Elliot Avenue.
Damage to property
The rear driver side window of a car was struck accidentally by a water device being used by a West Chicago city employee at 11:27 a.m. Aug. 8 in the 100 block of Conde Street.
Possession of cannabis
Anthony Ramirez, 27, 2N340 Kirk Road, St. Charles, was charged with possession of cannabis under 30 grams, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, operating without a driver’s license and speeding at 5:25 p.m. Aug. 4 in the 100 block of West Roosevelt Road.
Edgar Rubio-Andrade, 26, 226 N. Oak St., was arrested on an in-state warrant at 1:36 a.m. Aug. 5 in his home. He was also charged with possession of a controlled substance.
Household items and two floor remodeling work saws were purchased with a fraudulent check sometime between Aug. 1 and 1:35 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 200 block of West North Avenue.
Leydi Cervantes, 36, 955 E. State St., Lot 53, Sycamore, was charged with disorderly conduct at 2:21 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 100 block of West Washington Street.
A purse containing health insurance information and two prescription medications was reported lost or stolen at 2 p.m. Aug. 8 in the 100 block of East Blair Street.
• A black purse was found containing no belongings at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 9 in the 1200 block of Kings Court.
• A men’s black tri-fold wallet was found and turned in to the police at 1:35 p.m. Aug. 10 in the 1900 block of Franciscan Way.