Metropolitan Family Services seeks volunteers for in-home respite program
The DuPage County branch of Metropolitan Family Services is looking for volunteers for its In-Home Senior Respite program, according to a news release from the organization.
The program sends volunteers to the homes of the elderly who are living with relatives or friends and cannot care for themselves. The volunteers spend three hours per week with the elderly person or people as a way to offer their caregivers a chance to run errands or socialize as well as provide companionship.
Those interested in volunteering or receiving the service should contact Jody Kanikula at 630-784-4875. For more information on Metropolitan Family Services DuPage Center, visit metrofamily.org
More Carol Stream News
- Delivering Brittany's Trees in Carol Stream
- Humanitarian Service Project seeks donations for Christmas Offering
- Bloomingdale Meijer sells $1M lottery ticket
- DuPage Stormwater Management asks residents to reduce use of road salt this winter
- Looking into the future of DuPage County