Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
About $20K in jewelry stolen from Time Link, Inc.
Jewelry worth about $20,000 was stolen from Downers Grove business Time Link, Inc., 1202 75th St., about 5 p.m. Monday.
Witnesses told police they believe a black male took a tray of 12 rings from a display case while his alleged accomplice, a black female, distracted a store employee by trying on necklaces. After allegedly taking the rings, the man left the store and headed eastbound toward Lemont Road.
The woman soon followed after saying that she needed to use an ATM. The store did not notice the theft until a half-hour later. Both suspects were described as being in their mid 30s and about 5-foot-8. Police did not locate the suspects.
Possession of a controlled substance charged
Timothy W. O’Connell, 53, 657 Lincoln Station, Oswego, was charged with possession of a controlled substance at 4:04 p.m. Aug. 9 in the 1500 block of Brook Drive. Police allegedly found 47 hydrocodone pills and three other pills in O’Connell’s vehicle during a traffic stop. He was also charged with no insurance, driving while license revoked and disobeying a stop sign.
Man dressed as woman steals wigs
Employees at Sally Beauty Supply, 46 Ogden Ave., told police that a person described as either a man dressed as a woman or a transgender person entered the store and took blond hair extensions valued at $188.93 from the store without paying at 8:45 p.m. Monday. The suspect was described as having a “larger build,” about 5-foot-10, 180 pounds with long blond hair, brown eyes, large lips and wearing a brown leopard print dress, black leggings and sandals. The suspect drove a newer, large and silver four-door vehicle.
Dog nabbed from apartment balcony
A resident in the 2300 block of Ogden Avenue told police she believes someone stole her $2,000 Miniature Pinscher named Laura from her second floor apartment balcony sometime between 5 p.m. Aug. 14 and 9:30 p.m. Thursday. There are no suspects.
Computers stolen from Good Sam
Two computers were reported stolen from Good Samaritan Hospital, 3815 Highland Ave., sometime between July 31 and Aug. 14. The theft was reported to police at 3:17 p.m. Aug. 14. There are no suspects. Each computer was valued at $1,000.
Domestic battery charges
• Daniel R. Karmazin, 50, 1042 Maple Avenue., Lisle, was charged with domestic battery at 6:50 p.m. Saturday in the 160 block of 39th Street.
• Emily M. Olivo, 23, 4941 Main St., Downers Grove, was charged with two counts of domestic battery at 6 p.m. Friday at her residence.
• Jesse N. McNichol, 27, 43 W. Fountainhead Drive, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 6:16 a.m. Monday at 63rd Street and Florence Avenue.
• Michael J. Tipler, 48, 156 Tupelo Ave., was charged with aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol at 4:08 a.m. Monday at Hobson Road and 63rd Street.
• Taylor S. Atchison, 23, 2346 Sunshine Lane, Aurora, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and possession of a drug paraphernalia at 2:39 a.m. Sunday at Main and Saylor streets.
• Bryn M. Lofton, 22, 1N114 Franklin St., Carol Stream, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 6:23 p.m. Friday at Main Street and Ogden Avenue.
Disorderly conduct charged
Luis U. Rodriguez, 284 Woodstock Ave., Clarendon Hills, was charged with disorderly conduct at 4:40 p.m. Sunday in the 6200 block of Main Street.
Retail theft charged
Noah M. Littrell, 52, 624 Meyer Ave., Woodridge, was charged with retail theft at noon Friday in the 1100 block of Ogden Avenue.
Andrew D. O’Donnell, 19, 3660 Creekwood Court, Downers Grove, was charged with trespassing at 2 p.m. Saturday in the 1100 block of Ogden Avenue. He was charged with trespassing again at 5:06 p.m. Sunday at the same location, along with consumption of alcohol by a minor.