Police reports: Elmhurst for Aug. 9
Criminal damage to property
• A damaged sitting wall on the side of a building was reported at 8 p.m. July 20 in the 100 block of South York Road.
• The rear passenger window of a car was reported broken at 11:12 a.m. July 25 in the 600 block of Fairview Avenue.
• Damage to safety windows, estimated at $250, were reported at 8:54 p.m. July 25 in the 600 block of North York Street.
• A light pole was found knocked down at 3:19 a.m. July 29 in the 100 block of Adell Place.
• A front passenger side tire damaged by a piece of concrete sticking out of from the curb was reported at 11:18 a.m. July 29 in the 100 block of East Schiller Street.
• Graffiti scratched on the doors of a building was reported at 2:26 p.m. Aug. 1 in the 300 block of East Geneva Avenue.
Delivery of ecstasy,
Stephen Provancal, 24, of the 500 block of Carlysle Drive, Clarendon Hills, was charged with delivery of marijuana and delivery of a controlled substance at 10:59 p.m. July 24 in the 300 block of North Route 83 when police arrested him while delivering an ounce of marijuana and 10 ecstasy pills as part of an ongoing drug investigation. He also had several sheets of LSD with him.
• Brendan Hubble, 25, of the 1000 block of Kufrin Way, Lombard, was charged with disobeying a red light, two counts of driving under the influence, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 1 a.m. July 25 at North York Street and Robert T. Palmer Drive.
• Martin Mikolajczak, 30, of the 500 block of Falmouth Way, Roselle, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to yield turning left, speeding and improper lane usage at 2:09 a.m. July 27 at North York and West Lake streets.
Possession of marijuana charged
• Keia Solomon, 35, of the 4200 block of West Washington Boulevard, Chicago, was charged with driving while license suspended, no registration and possession of marijuana at 6:40 p.m. July 26 at Route 38 and Interstate 290.
• Jonathon P. Wells, 21, of the 1100 block of East North Broadway Street, Lombard, was charged with speeding and possession of marijuana at 6:11 p.m. July 30 at Route 83 and Lake Street.
• A juvenile was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:38 p.m. Aug. 1 at Vallette Street and Saylor Avenue. Another juvenile was charged with being out past curfew.
• Martrell J. Mizell, 19, of the 5000 block of Cypress Court, Hillside, was charged with possession of marijuana, not wearing a seatbelt and not having insurance at 4:45 p.m. Aug. 1 in the 100 block of East Butterfield Road.
• Mark Swanson, 18, of the 800 block of Euclid Avenue, Raymond Sutter, 18, of the 900 block of Stratford Avenue, and Janday Lopez, 18, of the 1400 block of Golfview Drive, Glendale Heights, were charged with possession of marijuana at 9:03 p.m. Aug. 1 at South York and East Madison streets. Swanson was additionally charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and disobeying a stop sign. Sutter was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
Underage drinking charged, cited
• Bryan A. Contreras, 18, of the 0 to 100 block of Meadows Drive, Gilberts, Mario Rodriguez, 18, of the 700 block of Sumac Drive, Streamwood, and Benjamin Jimenez, 20, of the 1600 block of Poplar Avenue, Hanover Park, were charged with underage consumption of alcohol at 4:31 a.m. July 25 in the 400 block of North Larch Avenue. Contreras and Rodriguez were also charged with prowling and obstructing identification after they ran from a party. Jimenez was found passed out in a car nearby.
• A 16-year-old was cited for consumption of alcohol by a minor and curfew at 2:25 a.m. July 28 in the 100 block of South York Road.
Theft of services reported
A moving company reported they received an invalid credit card number for a $1,868 bill at 12:43 p.m. July 25 in the 700 block of North York Road.
Identity theft reported
• A woman reported someone was using her bank account number to pay for a Comcast Cable account at 3:57 p.m. July 18.
• A man reported his car keys and wallet were stolen between 8 p.m. July 26 and 6:54 p.m. July 27 in the 600 block of Bryan Street after his roommates threw a party while he wasn’t home. He also reported $934.88 worth of unauthorized transactions to his bank account.
Theft, burglary reported
• A bicycle worth $100 was reported stolen at 9:30 p.m. July 25 in at Schiller Street and Robert T. Palmer Drive.
• A black Diamondback Pro bicycle, worth $300, was reported stolen from inside a garage at 1:01 p.m. July 29 in the 300 block of South Hawthorne Avenue.
• A bicycle was reported stolen at 12:21 p.m. Aug. 1 in the 600 block of West St. Charles Road.
• An iPad mini was reported stolen between 2 and 3:15 p.m. Aug. 1 in the 500 block of West St. Charles Road.
Befouling public property cited
Ryan Maguire, 22, of the 25700 block of Lehmann Boulevard, Lake Villa, was cited for befouling public property at 1:47 a.m. July 27 in the 100 block of South York Road after he urinated on a wall.
Retail theft charged
• Kelly A. Spiros, 51, of the 300 block of North Princeton Avenue, Villa Park, was charged with retail theft at 2;12 p.m. July 30 in the 300 block of Route 83 after stealing $496.27 worth of items.
• Kanchan R. Sehdev, 50, of the 300 block of South Illinois Avenue, Villa Park, was charged with retail theft at 2:51 p.m. July 30 in the 200 block of Route 83 after stealing nail polish, nail lacquer and a barrette, worth $30.45.
A silver FIE Corp. Miami, Flo. semi-automatic handgun and a red box of American Eagle ammunition were found by a police dog at 9:09 p.m. July 27 in the 200 block of Michael Lane, Addison.
• A man reported someone used his credit-debit card in multiple locations totaling about $850 at 6:41 p.m. July 28 in the 500 block of North Howard Avenue.
• A check for $2,700 returned for non-sufficient funds was reported at 1:27 p.m. July 29 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• A Chase credit card used fraudulently was reported at 8:18 p.m. July 29 in the 200 block of Glenview Avenue, but no amount of loss was provided.
Robert Boesenberg, 18, of the 0S600 block of Old York Road, was cited for battery at 11:23 p.m. July 28 in the 500 block of Washington Street after hitting two people.
• A boys 20 inch black BMX style bicycle was found at 1:01 p.m. July 29 in the 300 block of South Hawthorne Avenue.
• A pink Huffy trail runner bicycle was found at 7:51 a.m. Aug. 1 in the 300 block of East Van Buren Street.
A dumpster engulfed in flames was reported at 9:31 p.m. July 29 in the 200 block of North Emroy. The fire department extinguished the fire and observed three juveniles in the area, but police did not locate them.
Public intoxication cited
Jonathan Olmo, 21, of the 700 block of North Van Auken Street, was cited for public intoxication and disturbing the peace at 3:24 p.m. July 31 near his home for causing a disturbance due to the loss of his cell phone.