Brookfield police investigating train death
BROOKFIELD – Police are investigating the death of a 54-year-old Broadview man after his body was found near the Prairie Avenue train station on Thursday night.
Police were dispatched to the station at about 9:24 p.m. after a train engineer reported seeing a body on the tracks. BNSF police were already on the scene when officers arrived.
Passengers were removed from the train and re-boarded without incident, police reported.
The man's vehicle was later found parked in the 8800 block of Brookfield Avenue.
Police said Friday they were still investigating.
More Local News News
- Lemont Library, Historical Society to celebrate holidays on Sunday
- English composer makes Chicago area debut at St. Michael church in Wheaton
- Looking into the future of DuPage County
- Glenbard South's madrigal dinner to give taste of past as holidays approach
- Celebrating Thanksgiving at St. Petronille