Information in Police Reports is obtained from the West Chicago Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• A Canon Rebel camera was stolen from an unlocked vehicle between July 15 and 6 p.m. July 16 in the 700 block of Hampton Course.
• A wallet containing cash and credit cards was stolen from an unlocked vehicle between July 15 and 9 p.m. July 16 in the 800 block of Deering Court.
• About $6 in change was stolen from the center console of an unlocked motor vehicle between July 17 and 10 p.m. July 18 in the 300 block of National Street.
• Six hundred dollars were stolen from a bedroom drawer between July 15 and 8 a.m. July 18 in the 1600 block of Canterbury Drive.
• Three necklaces, several earrings and a gold bracelet were stolen between July 11 and 3:08 p.m. July 15 in the 1200 block of Kings Circle.
• A cellphone was reported lost or stolen at 1 a.m. July 14 in the 500 block of Highland Avenue.
• A sewer grate between Chickadee Court and Meadowlark Drive was stolen between July 13 and midnight July 15.
• An unknown person used an individual’s personal information to open and subsequently charge about $2,200 on a department store credit card. The incident was reported to police at 7:07 p.m. July 15.
• Thirteen containers of Enfamil were stolen from a retail store in the 500 block of Main Street at 9:36 a.m. July 16. The estimated value of the Enfamil is $224.74.
• A cellphone was reported lost or stolen at 11:30 p.m. July 17 in the 100 block of East Roosevelt Road.
• A U.S. flag and pole were stolen between July 15 and 5 p.m. July 17 in the 200 block of Joliet Street.
• A bicycle was stolen between July 19 and 9 p.m. July 20 in the 200 block of East Blair Street.
• A front window was damaged and forced open before 9:37 p.m. July 17 in an Easton Park property at 840 E. Washington St. The front door of the building was left open. Nothing was taken from the building.
Driving under the influence charged
• Juaquin Garcia, 33, 138 Garden St., West Chicago, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a hit and run and driving with a suspended or revoked license at 10:06 p.m. July 13 between East Forest Avenue and Gates Street. Garcia also had an in-state warrant for his arrest at the time of the incident.
• Maria Cota, 31, 415 E. Golf Road, Arlington Heights, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, operating an uninsured vehicle, driving with a suspended or revoked license, speeding and improper lane usage at 9:18 p.m. July 17 between East North Avenue and Ancient Oaks Road.
• Anthony Sarlo, 19, 840 Honeysuckle Ave., West Chicago, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and a moving violation at 4:13 a.m. July 20 between Sassafras Drive and Thomas Drive.
Edgar Torales, 22, 810 Kenwood Ave., West Chicago, was charged with operating an uninsured motor vehicle, operating with a suspended or revoked driver’s license and passing a school bus at 11:30 a.m. July 17 at Kenwood Avenue north of Brown Street.
• Aldo Marrufo, 25, 104 Norris Drive, West Chicago, was arrested on an in-state warrant at 7:41 p.m. July 15 in the 100 block of West Washington Street.
• Benito Carlos, 32, 810 Burr Oaks Drive, West Chicago, was arrested on an in-state warrant at 1:57 p.m. July 18 between Neltnor Boulevard and Arbor Avenue.
• Gregorio Martinez, 43, 1212 Kings Circle, West Chicago, was arrested on an in-state warrant at 5:55 p.m. July 20 in St. Charles, Ill.
Domestic battery and domestic trouble
• A domestic battery incident was reported at 7:43 p.m. July 14 in the 200 block of West National Street.
• A domestic trouble incident was reported at 11:11 p.m. July 15 in the 500 block of Carriage Drive.
• A domestic battery incident and an attempted suicide by drugs incident was reported at 3:26 p.m. July 16 in the 900 block of Jacob Court.
• A domestic trouble incident was reported at 10:21 p.m. July 19 in the 1200 block of North Kings Cross.
• A domestic battery incident was reported at 7 p.m. July 20 in the 700 block of West Forest Avenue.
• Codi Cook, 18, 1589 Independence Ave., St. Charles, was charged with battery at 10:30 p.m. July 17 in the 2600 block of Brainbridge Drive.
• A battery incident was reported at 4 p.m. July 19 in the 1200 block of Nuclear Drive.
Criminal damage to property
• A vehicle was damaged between July 13 and 1:45 p.m. July 17 in the 900 block of Prince Crossing Road. The damage included small dents in the car’s roof and above the driver side door and back passenger door.
• Scratches were made on the passenger side doors of a vehicle prior to 8:27 p.m. July 17 in the 800 block of East Elmwood Avenue.
• A Chase money order in the amount of $740 was taken from an apartment management drop box between July 10 and 9:11 p.m. July 18 in the 1200 block of Kings Circle.
• A telephone credit card scam resulting in $300 worth of damages occurred between July 17 and 10 p.m. July 18 in the 100 block of Main Street.
• A bike was found between July 14 and 8 a.m. July 15 in the 200 block of West National Street.
• The fire department provided assistance at 10:46 a.m. July 15 in the 100 block of West Grandlake Boulevard.
• Stray dogs were seen between July 15 and 11:26 p.m. July 16 between North Avenue and Neutron Boulevard.
• Deceptive practices involving insufficient or non-existent check funds occurred between May 17 and 9 a.m. July 17 in the 900 block of North Neltnor Boulevard.
• A well being check was conducted at 9:17 p.m. July 19 in the 1200 block of North Kings Cross.
• A dog bite was reported at 6:40 p.m. July 20 in the 900 block of Windsor Court.