Information in Police Reports is obtained from the West Chicago Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• A Canon Rebel camera was stolen from an unlocked vehicle between July 15 and 6 p.m. July 16 in the 700 block of Hampton Course.
• A wallet containing cash and credit cards was stolen from an unlocked vehicle between July 15 and 9 p.m. July 16 in the 800 block of Deering Court.
• About $6 in change was stolen from the center console of an unlocked motor vehicle between July 17 and 10 p.m. July 18 in the 300 block of National Street.
• Six hundred dollars were stolen from a bedroom drawer between July 15 and 8 a.m. July 18 in the 1600 block of Canterbury Drive.
• Three necklaces, several earrings and a gold bracelet were stolen between July 11 and 3:08 p.m. July 15 in the 1200 block of Kings Circle.
• A cellphone was reported lost or stolen at 1 a.m. July 14 in the 500 block of Highland Avenue.
• A sewer grate between Chickadee Court and Meadowlark Drive was stolen between July 13 and midnight July 15.
• An unknown person used an individual’s personal information to open and subsequently charge about $2,200 on a department store credit card. The incident was reported to police at 7:07 p.m. July 15.
• Thirteen containers of Enfamil were stolen from a retail store in the 500 block of Main Street at 9:36 a.m. July 16. The estimated value of the Enfamil is $224.74.
• A cellphone was reported lost or stolen at 11:30 p.m. July 17 in the 100 block of East Roosevelt Road.
• A U.S. flag and pole were stolen between July 15 and 5 p.m. July 17 in the 200 block of Joliet Street.
• A bicycle was stolen between July 19 and 9 p.m. July 20 in the 200 block of East Blair Street.
• A front window was damaged and forced open before 9:37 p.m. July 17 in an Easton Park property at 840 E. Washington St. The front door of the building was left open. Nothing was taken from the building.
Driving under the
• Juaquin Garcia, 33, 138 Garden St., West Chicago, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a hit and run and driving with a suspended or revoked license at 10:06 p.m. July 13 between East Forest Avenue and Gates Street. Garcia also had an in-state warrant for his arrest at the time of the incident.
• Maria Cota, 31, 415 E. Golf Road, Arlington Heights, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, operating an uninsured vehicle, driving with a suspended or revoked license, speeding and improper lane usage at 9:18 p.m. July 17 between East North Avenue and Ancient Oaks Road.
• Anthony Sarlo, 19, 840 Honeysuckle Ave., West Chicago, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and a moving violation at 4:13 a.m. July 20 between Sassafras Drive and Thomas Drive.
Edgar Torales, 22, 810 Kenwood Ave., West Chicago, was charged with operating an uninsured motor vehicle, operating with a suspended or revoked driver’s license and passing a school bus at 11:30 a.m. July 17 at Kenwood Avenue north of Brown Street.
• Aldo Marrufo, 25, 104 Norris Drive, West Chicago, was arrested on an in-state warrant at 7:41 p.m. July 15 in the 100 block of West Washington Street.
• Benito Carlos, 32, 810 Burr Oaks Drive, West Chicago, was arrested on an in-state warrant at 1:57 p.m. July 18 between Neltnor Boulevard and Arbor Avenue.
• Gregorio Martinez, 43, 1212 Kings Circle, West Chicago, was arrested on an in-state warrant at 5:55 p.m. July 20 in St. Charles, Ill.
Domestic battery and domestic trouble
• A domestic battery incident was reported at 7:43 p.m. July 14 in the 200 block of West National Street.
• A domestic trouble incident was reported at 11:11 p.m. July 15 in the 500 block of Carriage Drive.
• A domestic battery incident and an attempted suicide by drugs incident was reported at 3:26 p.m. July 16 in the 900 block of Jacob Court.
• A domestic trouble incident was reported at 10:21 p.m. July 19 in the 1200 block of North Kings Cross.
• A domestic battery incident was reported at 7 p.m. July 20 in the 700 block of West Forest Avenue.
• Codi Cook, 18, 1589 Independence Ave., St. Charles, was charged with battery at 10:30 p.m. July 17 in the 2600 block of Brainbridge Drive.
• A battery incident was reported at 4 p.m. July 19 in the 1200 block of Nuclear Drive.
Criminal damage to property
• A vehicle was damaged between July 13 and 1:45 p.m. July 17 in the 900 block of Prince Crossing Road. The damage included small dents in the car’s roof and above the driver side door and back passenger door.
• Scratches were made on the passenger side doors of a vehicle prior to 8:27 p.m. July 17 in the 800 block of East Elmwood Avenue.
• A Chase money order in the amount of $740 was taken from an apartment management drop box between July 10 and 9:11 p.m. July 18 in the 1200 block of Kings Circle.
• A telephone credit card scam resulting in $300 worth of damages occurred between July 17 and 10 p.m. July 18 in the 100 block of Main Street.
• A bike was found between July 14 and 8 a.m. July 15 in the 200 block of West National Street.
• The fire department provided assistance at 10:46 a.m. July 15 in the 100 block of West Grandlake Boulevard.
• Stray dogs were seen between July 15 and 11:26 p.m. July 16 between North Avenue and Neutron Boulevard.
• Deceptive practices involving insufficient or non-existent check funds occurred between May 17 and 9 a.m. July 17 in the 900 block of North Neltnor Boulevard.
• A well being check was conducted at 9:17 p.m. July 19 in the 1200 block of North Kings Cross.
• A dog bite was reported at 6:40 p.m. July 20 in the 900 block of Windsor Court.