Contest calls for photos of kids, adults doing something healthy
LOMBARD – Photos of kids and adults doing something healthy can earn raffle tickets for prizes through Healthy Lombard, which works to address childhood obesity.
As part of the Flat Apple contest, participants can submit their photos in print or from their phones, iPads or tablets between July 29 and Aug. 5 to any of the Healthy Lombard partner sites to get one raffle ticket for every photo. Participants who email in their photos will earn two tickets for each photo. As a bonus, any photo that includes a "Hot Spot Sign" will be worth two raffle tickets.
According to a Lombard Elementary School District 44 news release, the drawing will be held Aug. 7 at the Healthy Lombard partner meeting. Winners will be notified by email. Prizes are gift baskets donated by each of the Flat Apple distribution sites. Winners also will be invited to a Flat Apple celebration in September.
Healthy Lombard partner sites are:
• BMO Harris Bank, 1150 S. Main St. in Lombard
• Bob Goldin's State Farm Insurance, 819 E. St. Charles Road in Lombard
• The Corner House, 100 W. St. Charles Road in Lombard
• DuPage Medical Group (Dr. Dungan's Office), 1801 S. Highland Ave. in Lombard
• Fairy Tales Inc., 9 S. Park Ave. in Lombard
• Feel Good Hair, 1 N. Main St. in Lombard
• Good Samaritan Health and Wellness Center, 3551 Highland Ave. in Downers Grove
• Jewel Osco Pharmacy, Main Street and Roosevelt Road in Lombard
• Lexington Square of Lombard, 2100 S. Finley Road in Lombard
• Lombard Historical Society, 23 W. Maple St. in Lombard
• Lombard Pharmacy, 805 S. Main St. in Lombard
• Lombard Roller Skating Rink, 201 W. 22nd St. in Lombard
• Shannon's Corner Butcher Shop & Deli, 15 S. Park Ave. in Lombard
• Sky Center Martial Arts and Fitness, 112 W. St. Charles Road in Lombard
• West Suburban Wellness Chiropractic Center, 1127 S. Main St. in Lombard
For more information, go to www.healthylombard.com.