Police Reports: Wheaton for July 25
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Wheaton Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• Maoney was stolen from a Mobil gas station by an unknown armed suspect at 10:33 p.m. July 20 at 1000 E. Roosevelt Road.
• Alec J. Hatch, 31, 560 Kingston Drive, Geneva, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 1:18 a.m. July 21 at Butterfield Road and Legends Drive.
• Sarah F. Parrish, 22, 945 Creekside Drive, Plainfield, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 3:30 a.m. July 20 at Foothill Drive and Gables Street.
• Corey J. Richards, 23, 5115 S 200 E, Churubusco, Ind., was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 2:32 a.m. July 20 at Butterfield and Orchard roads.
• Eric T. Kappa, 29, 2850 Sunnyside Ave., Westchester, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 1:44 a.m. July 19 at Briarcliffe Boulevard and College Lane South.
• Tracy R. Heinekamp, 51, 31 N. Ott Ave., Glen Ellyn, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs and possession of cannabis at 7:40 a.m. July 16 at Lorraine Road and Trent Court.
• William H. Gibson Jr., 30, 2411 Byrum Blvd., Joliet, was arrested on warrant for failure to appear in court at 6:20 p.m. July 21 at Rice Lake Square.
• Matthew B. Lemkau, 29, 1730 E. 22nd St., Wheaton, was arrested on warrant for failure to appear in court for a DUI at 2:03 a.m. July 19 at Briarcliffe Boulevard and College Lane South.
• Stephanie Elaine Kucharski, 22, 2s156 Orchard Road, Wheaton, was arrested on warrant for failure to appear in court for a DUI at 10:50 a.m. July 18 at 900 W. Liberty Road.
• Joseph W. Kasza, 31, 415 N. York St., was arrested on warrent for failure to appear in court at 1:30 p.m. July 15 at the Wheaton Police Department.
• Two Razor scooters were stolen from the front yard of a residence between 7 a.m. July 1 and 10 p.m. July 9 on the 1000 block of Cherry Street.
• A bicycle left on a hill near Seven Gables Park was reported missing between 8:30 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. July 16 at 1750 S. Naperville Road.
• A large blue recycling bin was reported stolen between 8:12 a.m and 8:15 a.m. July 12 at the 2000 block of Cromwell Drive.
• An unsecured bicycle was reported missing from the top of a residence driveway between 8:30 p.m. July 15 and 10 a.m. July 16 on the 500 block of S. Erie Street.
• A wallet containing more than $1,000 in cash was stolen out of an unattended purse at 11 a.m. July 16 at the McDonald’s at 2175 W. Roosevelt Road.
• A seat and two brake pads were stolen from a secured and parked bicycle between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. July 14 on the 2000 block of North Main Street.
Possession of drugs or drug paraphernalia
• Gemini T. Howard, 19, 1715 E. Roosevelt Road, Wheaton, was charged with possession of cannabis at 4:17 p.m. July 21 at Childs and Woodlawn streets.
• Leslie C. Abrams, 34, 1730 E. 22nd Street, Wheaton, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 2:18 a.m. at Briarcliffe Boulevard and College Lane South.
• David J. Hejnar, 18, 2358 Ferdinand Lane, Montgomery, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:14 a.m. July 14 at Butterfield and East Loop roads.
Illegal possession of alcohol by a minor
• Giannakis Giankoula, 18, 878 Farnham Lane, Wheaton, and Raul Hernandez Jr., 18, 2s515 Cynthia Drive, Warrenville, were charged with illegal possession of alcohol by a minor at 4:17 p.m. July 21 at Childs and Woodlawn streets.
• Brian A. Bergman, 18, 131 Fairway Lane, Wheaton, was charged with illegal possession of drug paraphernalia and illegal possession of alcohol by a minor; Kyle E. McGrath, 19, 67 Hawkins Circle, Wheaton; Bryan C. Dalton, 19, 904 Gamon Road, Wheaton and Nicholas J. Cominos, 19, 524 Brighton Drive, Wheaton were charged with illegal possession of alcohol by a minor at 8:56 p.m. July 12 on the 1100 block of S. Wheaton Avenue.
Criminal defacement or damage
• Graffiti was found on the east-facing door of Franklin Middle School at 4:18 a.m. July 22 at 211 E. Franklin Street. The defacement is reported to have occurred between 3:30 a.m. July 21 and 4:18 a.m. July 22.
• A mailbox was reported damaged between 4:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. July 18 on the 100 block of Muirfield Circle.
• The driver side door of a parked 2006 Honda Pilot was reported scratched between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. July 16 at Rice Lake Pool, 1777 S. Blanchard Road.