Hinsdale South Special Olympics win state in soccer and track
DARIEN – The Hinsdale South High School Special Olympics soccer and track and field teams recently won state championships.
Soccer team members include Tommy Cody, Juan Carrera, Enrique Aguirre, Shaanze Bhurgri, Shilanda Cockrell, Kevin O'Connor, Mark Fornal, Jose Torres, Ronovin Bass-Mahonie, Chris Haines and Jesus Lopez.
Soccer coaches were Joanne Betke, Adam Contreras and Kathy Craig.
Track and field winners included Alejandra Saucedo for the softball throw, Ja'Launi Collins for shot put, Marisa Almazan for the 100-meter dash and Cori Lesnik for the 200-meter dash.
More Hinsdale News
- Residents brave bitter cold for Hinsdale Christmas Walk
- DGS duo helps Butler football to benchmark season
- Popcorn Palace coming to Burr Ridge
- Ten96 to perform at Frugal Muse in Darien
- Hinsdale police investigate residential burglary Tuesday
- Carol Stream Park District executive director named head of DuPage Forest Preserve District
- Hinsdale property tax levy, ice rink construction approved
- Darien Lions Club collecting for annual food basket program
- Letter: D-86 flat tax levy would be 'tragic mistake'
- Park district offers ice skating, sledding during winter months