West Suburban Humane Society to host discounted cat adoption July 27
DOWNERS GROVE – June is National Cat Adoption month, but the West Suburban Humane Society still has an influx of cats one month later.
From 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. July 27, the shelter will host the “Purr-fect Paws” cat adoption event at the West Suburban Humane Society, 1901 Ogden Ave, Downers Grove.
There will be a “fishing pond” where those adopting cats may “fish” for their discounted adoption fee, up to 50 percent off the usual adoption rate.
The adoption fee on a second cat will be 50 percent of the “fished” discounted fee.
Non-discounted cat adoption fees range from $75 to $150, depending on the age of the cat.
Each West Suburban Humane Society cat adoption includes spay or neuter surgery, microchip, collar with ID tag, complete vaccines, deworming, flea preventative, ear mite check and treatment, Feline Leukemia Virus testing, temporary cat carrier, goody bag with toys, treats and other items. Refreshments will be served.
Potential adopters can be pre-qualified in advance of the event and receive their first vet exam for free.
Contact the shelter adoption desk at 630-960-9600 x 10 or email email@example.com.
More Downers Grove News
- Downers Grove to present traffic study of Fairview and Maple avenues intersection
- District 99 considers new courses for next year
- Carol Stream Park District executive director named head of DuPage Forest Preserve District
- Photo calendar raises money for Bridge Communities
- Hazardous weather expected to impact Wednesday morning rush hour
- DuPage Stormwater Management asks residents to reduce use of road salt this winter
- Looking into the future of DuPage County
- Roskam to host press conference on poison prevention during holiday season
- Midwestern University’s clinical psychology program receives accreditation
- Radio station moves to Wheaton, promises DuPage County coverage