Lombard man files lawsuit against Lost Burritos Mexicanos claiming food poisioning
LOMBARD – A Lombard man filed a lawsuit against Los Burritos Mexicanos Tuesday, claiming he contracted E. coli after eating at the restaurant in June.
The restaurant, 1015 E. St. Charles Road, was closed from June 14 until the beginning of July after several people became sick after eating at the restaurant. In all, 31 cases of E. coli were confirmed in individuals who ate there, while 10 of those people were hospitalized, according to the complaint filed.
Seattle-based law firm Marler Clark, which specializes in representing individuals with food-born illness, and Newland & Newland of Arlington Heights filed the suit on behalf of Quinten A. Hayley of Lombard.
According to the complaint, Hayley ate at Los Burritos on June 7 and allegedly began experiencing symptoms of a fever, watery and bloody diarrhea, severe abdominal cramps and vomiting on June 10.
He visited the emergency room on June 11 where he received treatment, gave a stool sample, and was later admitted to the hospital where he stayed until June 14.
The stool sample that he gave in the hospital tested positive for E. coli.
Los Burritos Mexicanos was not available for comment.