SVU victims can now check on perps via mobile devices
The DuPage County Sheriff's Office has created a new mobile application for victims of domestic violence and abuse, according to a sheriff's office news release.
The Sheriff's office has offered the Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) program to those whose cases have gone through the Special Victims Unit since 1997. VINE allows victims to check on the status of an offender and receive status change notifications on their mobile device.
The service is both free and anonymous, according to the release, and allows citizens to register and access information about the status of offenders. For more information on community help referral programs or assistance from the SVU, contact the DuPage County Sheriff's Office at 630-407-2400.
More Mobile News
- Carol Stream Park District executive director named head of DuPage Forest Preserve District
- Man accused of hitting 8 cars in downtown Elmhurst, assaulting officer not yet identified
- Hinsdale property tax levy, ice rink construction approved
- Photo calendar raises money for Bridge Communities
- Darien Lions Club collecting for annual food basket program