Police reports: Downers Grove for July 17
Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Fifteen koi fish reported missing from pond
A Downers Grove family returned home to discover all 15 of their koi fish missing from their backyard pond in the 800 block of Maple Avenue.
The family told police they returned home at 10:30 a.m. July 7 after being out of town for three days, and when a family member went to feed the fish, she found they were gone.
The 15 fish were bought as babies for $75 each, eight of which were adults, a police report stated. The woman told police adult koi fish cost in upward of $800 each at pet stores.
The resident found an empty beer can near the pond when she returned home. She told police in eight years, she has never before had a fish taken from the pond by a person or an animal.
• Ian P. McKeown, 21, 22W505 Balsam Drive, Glen Ellyn, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 11:05 p.m. Sunday at Butterfield Road and Route 53.
• Christopher M. Johnson, 22, 29 N. Addison Road, Villa Park, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 7:48 a.m. Saturday at 55th Street and Florence Avenue.
• Kristofer B. Hackenson, 36, 2052 Prentiss Drive, Downers Grove, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and disobeying a traffic signal at 3:33 a.m. July 10 at Belmont Road and 63rd Street.
• James Butt, 35, 235 N. Oak Ave., Bartlett, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and improper lane usage at 11:13 p.m. July 10 at Highland Avenue and Black Oak.
Drug possession charged
• Kaitlynn B. Nelson, 20, 4936 Puffer Road, Downers Grove, was charged with resisting a peace officer, unlawful possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 9:21 p.m. Sunday in the 4000 block of Saratoga Avenue.
• Joel O. Lucas, 31, 4022 Glendenning Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana at 3:11 a.m. Saturday at Highland Avenue and Interstate 88.
• A purse was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle at 12:35 a.m. Friday in the 4000 block of Earlston Road. There are no suspects.
• A driver’s license, loose change and credit cards were reported stolen from two unlocked vehicles at 7:12 p.m. July 10 in the 5200 block of Williams Street.
• A laptop computer was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle at 3:36 p.m. July 10 in the 1100 block of Grove Street.
• Roland L. Jackson, 20, 184 Washington St., Forest Park, was charged with retail theft at 11:54 a.m. July 9 in the 1500 block of 75th Street.
• Joshua N. Slawkin, 19, 212 Justina St., Hinsdale, was charged with retail theft at 6:50 p.m. July 7 in the 3300 block of Finley Road.
Police and the fire department believe a dumpster fire at 3:45 a.m. July 10 in the 1000 block of Grove Street was arson. Damage was estimated at $300. There are no suspects.
Endangering the health of a child
Rita M. Griener, 39, 124 Second St., Downers Grove, was charged with two counts of endangering the health or life of a child and obstructing justice at 3 p.m. July 10 in the 800 block of Burlington Avenue.
Domestic battery charged
• Ali A. Seyedzadeh, 77, 6831 Springside Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with domestic battery at his residence at 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
• Christopher E. Stoner, 23, 916 60th Place, Downers Grove, was charged with two counts of domestic battery at 1:50 p.m. Friday at his residence.
• Michael E. Emery, 26, 5812 Walnut Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with two counts of domestic battery, resisting a peace officer and interfering with reporting of domestic battery.
Attempted identity theft reported
Nathan S. Schein, 54, 6022 Campbell Ave., Chicago, was charged with attempted identity theft at 4:08 p.m. Friday at Dempster Street at Interstate 294.