Downers Grove Public Library presents WWI-era artifacts
|J. Perkins of the First Division Museum at Cantigny brought WWI-era artifacts including a uniform, utility belt, canteen and medical supplies, among others, to the Downers Grove Public Library on Friday. (Submitted photo)|
DOWNERS GROVE – A small crowd at the Downers Grove Public Library had the opportunity to view WWI-era artifacts Friday and learn about the military life of early-20th century soldiers.
J. Perkins of the First Division Museum at Cantigny gave the lecture and brought the items that included a uniform, utility belt, canteen, medical supplies among others.
First Division Museum at Cantigny is in Wheaton at 1s151 Winfield Road.
More Downers Grove News
- Offense not enough for Sentinels at tourney Thanksgiving tourney
- Spinuzza’s buzzer-beater lifts Mustangs at Thanksgiving tourney
- Police reports: Downers Grove for week of Dec. 4
- Record 6,200 participants run, walk in Bonfield Express in memory of DGS teacher
- Illinois Senate passes bill attempting to draw Univar headquarters to Downers Grove
- More than 50 cartons of cigarettes taken in apparent business burglary
- Suburban Life 2013 South all-area football team
- Downers Grove school officials: Too early to know local effect of pension reform
- DuPage Birding Club announces December bird walks and Christmas Bird Count
- Gov. Quinn signs massive pension reform bill