Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Lemont Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Lemont man charged with obstructing peace officer
Preston Gowens, 18, of the 200 block of Stephen Street, Lemont, was charged with resisting or obstructing a peace officer after an incident at 10:02 a.m. July 1 in the 200 block of Canal Street.
New Lenox man
charged with retail theft
Andrew Gavin, 48, of the 100 block of Branchaw Boulevard, New Lenox, was charged with retail theft after an incident at 2:42 a.m. July 3 in the 13400 block of Archer Avenue.
Chicago man charged with aggravated assault
Maurice Harris, 34, of the 400 block of West 61st Street, Chicago, was charged with aggravated assault and resisting or obstructing a peace officer after an incident at 9:48 p.m. July 6 in the 12400 block of Archer Avenue.
• Miguel Hernandez, 41, of the 600 block of Jordan Avenue, Romeoville, was charged with driving while license suspended, no insurance and disobeying a stop sign after a traffic stop at 9:25 a.m. July 1 at Smith Road and 127th Street.
• Miguel Torres, 48, of the 700 block of Bluff City Boulevard, Elgin, was charged with driving while license suspended and expired registration after a traffic stop at 8:26 a.m. July 2 in the 100 block of Main Street.
• James Korosec, 49, of the 1000 block of McCarthy Road, Lemont, was charged with driving while license suspended and one headlight after a traffic stop at 9:37 p.m. July 4 at McCarthy Road and Czacki Street.
• Juan Garcia, 29, of the 3500 block of Peachtree Court, Joliet, was charged with driving while license suspended, no insurance, speeding and failure to secure a child in a safety seat after a traffic stop at 6:36 p.m. July 4 at New Avenue and Timberline Drive.
• Ericka Martinez, 23, of the 300 block of North Larkin Avenue, Joliet, was charged with no driver’s license and speeding after a traffic stop at 9:44 p.m. July 6 at 127th Street and Glenys Drive.